Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional Urology - NeoTract is dedicated to developing innovative, minimally invasive and clinically effective devices that address unmet needs in the field of urology. As part of the Teleflex Interventional Urology business unit, NeoTract's focus is on improving the standard of care for patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) using the UroLift® System, a minimally invasive, permanent implant system that treats symptoms while preserving sexual function*1,2. The UroLift System is clinically proven to treat lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH in men over the age of 45. The UroLift System lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue. More than 175,000 men have been treated with the UroLift System in select markets worldwide.** Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
*No instances of new, sustained erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction in the FDA pivotal study.
** Management estimate based on product sales and average units per procedure
- Roehrborn, J Urology 2013 LIFT Study
- McVary, J Sex Med 2014
Indicated for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate up to 100cc in men 45 years or older. As with any medical procedure, individual results may vary. Most common side effects are temporary and include pain or burning with urination, blood in the urine, pelvic pain, urgent need to urinate and/or the inability to control the urge.1 Rare side effects, including bleeding and infection, may lead to a serious outcome and may require intervention. Speak with your doctor to determine if you may be a candidate. Position Summary
This Sr. Research & Development Engineer has the opportunity to join an exciting new product development team focused on innovating products that address important urological conditions. Primary responsibilities will include user needs assessment, ideation, rapid prototyping and concept down selecting. This individual will lead the efforts in design, test and analysis which are key to this position. S/he must be a seasoned mechanical design engineer experienced with implants, delivery systems, molded components and other commonly practiced manufacturing methods. The individual will be working with and mentoring a motivated team of engineers as well as making a big impact on the overall business by developing new products and making significant improvements in existing products in areas of customer features, reliability, and cost.Principal Responsibilities
• Serve as a domain expert in defining customer requirements and engineering specifications
• Lead ideation, concept generation and patent disclosure submissions
• Lead prototype designs and feasibility models for proof of concept testing
• Analyze and assess data, and develop new test methods to evaluate designs and down selection
• Partner with suppliers to ensure component delivery and assembly operations to ensure manufacturability of new design.
• Lead effort to verify and validate new product designs
• Direct and monitor outside research and development projects. Through seminars, literature and peer groups, stay current with technology, practices and general engineering knowledge related to one's field
• Establish and maintain strong, productive relationships and collaborations across internal, external, and partner organizations.
• Manage projects, including scheduling, budgeting and documentation
• Prepare, participate in and lead design Control documentation activities, Design Reviews, Quality Audits and CAPAs and provide input to ensure engineering rigor.Education / Experience Requirements
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Mechanical, or related degree, is required; an Advanced Degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of product design experience is required.
• Demonstrated design experience using injection molding, stamping, metal injection molding, springs, and related fabrication processesSpecialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Exceptional mechanical design skills on complicated mechanisms and systems
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in SolidWorks
• Proficiency in all phases of product development including design, implementation, verification, validation, and manufacturing scale-up
• Demonstrated history of guiding projects that lead to successful product launches in the market
• Critical thinking, advanced design for product reliability experience, knowledge of high-volume production methods.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong reasoning, decision making, and communication skills are keys to success in this role.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with ISO 13485, MDD, and FDA QSR
• Excellent collaboration with cross-functional teams, including external design houses, manufacturing engineering, and suppliers to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.