At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Sr. Process Excellence Leader will serve as a subject matter expert in Lean Six Sigma (LSS) for the organization and lead improvement projects using LSS methodologies. This individual will apply best practices from industry-leading LSS programs to Intuitive’s Process Excellence Program and drive the program towards maturity and large scale adoption. This individual will be responsible for working with internal partners and trainees on LSS body of knowledge, project chartering, project facilitation, governance and tracking of Lean Six Sigma and other Process Excellence projects at Intuitive. The ideal candidate will have experience with medical device manufacturing environments, lean six sigma methodologies, project mentorship, and leading complex cross-functional projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with different business units to identify and prioritize targeted areas of opportunity across the organization for eliminating waste and developing scalable processes.
- Facilitate value stream mapping, business process re-design, kaizen, continuous improvement, lean thinking, cycle time reduction, etc. to simplify and optimize targeted areas.
- Design and implement processes, systems and other components of the Process Excellence program that currently may not exist or may need improvement.
- Works closely with the Training Program Manager to develop and implement changes to LSS training events
- Participates in training sessions as a subject matter expert
- Automate project intake and chartering, standardize project phase execution while allowing for a nimble program for varying project types.
- Provides benchmarking and best practices of Six Sigma program development and deployment
- Conducts regularly scheduled project reviews to ensure the achievement of expected results
- Facilitates value stream / process mapping events to define Current State and transition to Future State in support of CI project teams
- Drives the use of effective Six Sigma and continuous improvement techniques. Champions the use of these tools across the organization to address product, process, and quality system issues.
- Acts as a consultant and technical expert in the areas of Lean Six Sigma
- Provide LSS training and leadership of kaizen events, across all levels of the organization.
- Motivate and direct cross-functional teams to desired results through skillful application of the LSS methodology.
- Mentor Green Belts, Black Belts and Executive Sponsors in their application of Lean and Six Sigma tools, techniques and principles.
- Facilitate Rapid Improvement events (RIEs) and/or Kaizen events for problem solving and continuous process improvement.
- Lead major LSS projects resulting in efficiency gains to streamline complex problems/processes.
- Develop metrics and dashboards to measure process efficiencies in order to validate that process changes are creating the desired results
- BS degree in engineering, science, business, or related field and 10 + years’ experience with process improvement. MS degree preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies & Lean Manufacturing
- Experience leading Kaizen events with evidence of significant savings and benefits
- Expertise with structured Six Sigma problem solving methodologies (i.e. process capability, Gage R&R, DOE, Hypothesis Testing, SPC, Root Cause Analysis)
- Expert in data analysis using Minitab and the ability to coach others in the use of such techniques preferred
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to internal and external customers to help drive the adoption of six sigma principles and tools
- Knowledge and experience with quality concepts and tools such as value stream mapping, business process re-design, kaizen, continuous improvement, lean thinking, cycle time reduction, etc.
- Demonstrated change management expertise and ability to influence and gain commitment at all organizational levels and positively transform the organizational culture to adapt to improved processes and performance metrics.
- Talented facilitator with experience leading a variety of teams and the ability to build positive working relationships within a variety of government organizations.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, leadership, and strong mentoring skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills used to keep projects on track, overcome barriers, and deliver results.
- Ability to build strategic working relationships and develop Six Sigma champions at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic team environment and produce results with minimal management guidance
- Functional experience in multiple disciplines such as manufacturing, industrial, engineering, or quality.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Able to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.