A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Sr. Packaging Engineer, you will lead a team of packaging professionals in packaging design, support, and implementation for MilliporeSigma Cell Culture Media (CCM) products including catalog, custom, and new products. You will work with suppliers and strategic MilliporeSigma business partners to deliver innovative packaging solutions to support MilliporeSigma's dry powder and liquid product CCM portfolio. The position will direct 3 professional level positions and support 4 global locations in the US, UK and China.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding new/custom packaging requests from both internal and external customers
- Lead the Packaging Engineering team to meet customer needs/expectations and business objectives
- Design robust and economical packaging for catalog and custom MilliporeSigma CCM Products
- Develop and implement packaging processes to ensure products are packaged according to verified methods for all MilliporeSigma CCM sites
- Design and conduct experiments such as, cell culture, compatibility, physical durability, shipping stability, disposable mixing technology, and disposable process applications to support new/custom product applications for both internal and external customers
- Prepare and give presentations covering disposable and packaging applications/ capabilities/ training to internal and external customers
- Conduct and/or coordinate testing with an outside testing facility to obtain data required to support current disposable product line as well as new disposable products for internal applications as well as external customer applications
- Write protocols and report results of studies conducted, prepare literature for marketing publication
- Develop and implement corrective actions based on incident investigations, work with customers, suppliers, and internal staff to resolve issue and report status on continuous basis
- Contribute to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations
- Perform other ad hoc customer and business projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemical Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemistry, food, or fermentation application
- Master's in Business Administration, or experience/education in Material Sciences
- 3+ years direct employee leadership experience to include setting personal goals, performance management, and employee development
- 7+ years of Packaging Engineering experience with dry powders and liquids
- 7+ years' experience designing, selecting, and testing packaging and shipping containers for powders and liquids
- 7+ years project experience involving successful management of projects, resources, timelines, budgets and coordinating between functional groups
- 5+ years industry experience with bio-disposables and bioprocessing
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218923
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time