Sr Manager, Materials and Supply Chain
Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Kohler, WI
This position reports to the Plant Manager of Wisconsin Faucet Operations with a dotted line to the North America Supply Chain Director. Responsible for the materials management function relating to the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products to meet the operational execution, fulfillment, and working capital goals of the company. This involves the responsibility of directing and administering raw material/component procurement, Planning using Integrated Business Planning methodologies, Inventory Accuracy, and Shipping/Receiving and Warehousing.
- Sets the vision for the department and is ultimately accountable for the performance of the plant supply chain and the supply chain team.
- Supervises directly and through subordinate supervisory employees, the planning, procurement, storage, control and distribution and materials. Responsible for directing the work force in such a manner as to meet approved productions schedules with the budget cost.
- Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges. Identifies and resolves shortages.
- Work in conjunction with Finance to establish procedures and supervise the annual physical inventory. This includes the taking and valuing of the year-end physical inventory.
- Ability to understand and lead cross functional problem-solving efforts to improve the overall plant metrics to improve customer delivery.
- Stakeholder in the product portfolio management process.
- Initiates and processes the obsolescent material disposition process.
- Manage and coach subordinates on performance and career path insuring development, integrity and resiliency in the Materials and Distribution areas.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles and Kaizen initiatives to align and drive KOS strategies across Purchasing and Distribution departments.
- Oversees and ensures proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet sales forecasts and to balance labor and machine capacity. Accountable for the execution of the Master Production Schedule through the operational execution of the detailed production schedule.
- Pivot point with the customer service team to provide fulfillment updates to our customers.
- Works in conjunction with the Purchasing team to oversee the purchasing or contracting of materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the plant. Executes the strategic purchasing vision determined by the Purchasing team.
- Executes purchasing policies according to the Kohler Company and the respective laws of the countries in which we purchase materials or services.
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset and imbues the culture with a sense of urgency and excellence.
- Keeps an external focus on changes within the industry and countries in which we operate.
- Develops, establishes, and provides for the maintenance of reporting systems that relate to the materials function.
- Owns and leads the shipping and receiving functions and teams of the Wisconsin Faucet Operations
- Owns the proper storage of purchased parts and finished goods. Maintains optimal inventory accuracy to meet the business needs.
- Aligns with the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all Materials Department functions.
- Responsible for proper application of established employee relation's policies, Wage and Salary Administration policies, safety and health regulations and procedures.
- Develops and maintains operating budgets with assistance from Global Faucets finance to establish cost for operating accounts, review and analyze monthly reports of same take necessary action as required. Project future requirements in areas of equipment, manpower, and facilities to meet projected levels of operation and inventories.
- Responsible for the development of capital budgets, plan replacement and new capital requirements needed for current and future projects.
- Maintain established goals and objectives to monitor efficiency of workforce and control labor costs. Oversee recommendations of approvals of promotions, merit increases, transfers, leaves of absence and other personnel changes.
- College degree in Business or a management related field. MBA desirable.
- 5 to 10 years' experience with proven results in areas related to materials control, production control, inventory control, and shipping/receiving and warehousing.
- CI certification or equivalent experience necessary to be successful in this role.
Tofully demonstrate our commitment to the health, safety, and wellbeing of ourassociates, we are requiring all U.S. based team members to be fully vaccinatedagainst COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We believe this pathforward further strengthens our workforce and the future growth and resilienceof our company and community. Individuals with medical conditions orsincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine mayrequest an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .
This job has expired.