At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data team and help solve business problems in measurement, targeting & optimization, finance and strategy by optimizing $XXXMs of investments across multiple levers for sustainable growth including performance & brand marketing, CRM, promotions, and internal initiatives to improve customer life-time-value and cost of acquisition by building data products and insights.
*What You'll Like About Us:*
* We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
* We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals.
* We are a data-driven company through and through.
* We're a remote-first, respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you'll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
*What We'll Like About You:*
* You have 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist in a similarly-sized organization, with a proven record of analysis and research that positively impacts your team.
* You partner closely with business, marketing, finance to build and implement production solutions to measure the value of business decisions and optimize investments.
* You have a superior knowledge of statistical analysis methods, machine learning, design of experiments, forecasting, econometric modeling, causal inference
* You have extensive experience with pandas, numpy, and sklearn.
* You are capable of working with engineers to build an actual production system that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence. We don't expect you to write production-quality code, but you should have some programming experience.
* You are familiar with marketing and finance specific concepts and have worked on problems like Attribution Models (MTA, MMM), Lift Test design and measurement, forecasting,
* You possess excellent SQL/relational algebra skills, ideally with at least a basic knowledge of how different types of databases (e.g.: column vs row storage) work.
* You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
*What Makes This Job Amazing*
* You'll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
* You'll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
* You'll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
* We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $154,000-$202,000
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom's estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
*Other Elements of the Rewards Package:*
Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
* By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
* In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
* Remote location(s): United States.
* Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
*More About Noom*
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain's have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune's lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!