Location: Los Angeles, CA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Sr Cybersecurity Engineer!
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Manages security systems and applications such as network security appliances and host-based security systems.
- Coordinates with managed service providers and vendors as required.
- Develops and maintains documentation for security related systems including network security diagrams.
- Mentors team members and in the use of security tools, processes and the resolution of security issues.
- Coordinates closely with managed security service provider(s) to effectively manage ongoing security operations, maintain situational awareness, respond to security incidents, and improve operational processes. Monitors SIEM and other systems, alerts, reports, and logs for unusual events in coordination with external security operations center functions as required.
- Triages, resolves and documents incidents, engaging and working closely with external Incident Response providers as needed.
- Communicates clearly and crisply with management concerning all incidents.
- Locates and remediates security problems and failures.
- Develops and validates baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, and networking and telecommunications equipment.
- Participates in department-wide change control and IT governance processes, on behalf of the cybersecurity team.
- Works with team and external resources on deploying, tuning and running vulnerability-scanning and penetration-testing tools.
- Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial actions.
- Monitors security vulnerability information from vendors and third parties.
- Recommends, schedules and/or applies fixes, security patches and any other measures required.
- Collaborates on IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Maintains awareness of security standard-setting groups, state and federal legislation and regulations. Identifies regulatory changes affecting cybersecurity policy and procedure and recommends appropriate changes.
- Assists with management responses to audit findings, directing remediation, tracking progress and providing status reporting.
- Executes daily cybersecurity operational processes to support the CRC environment, including following established and routine operating procedures and completing tickets and other checklist activities for recurring cybersecurity operations This position is eligible for a hybrid work from home schedule.
- 5+ years of cybersecurity experience.
- 5+ years IT operations experience including troubleshooting networks, servers, virtualization, and storage.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field of study.
- Expert capabilities with Cisco network infrastructure including routers, switches, traditional firewalls, and associated protocols.
- Excellent skills in Linux, Microsoft Windows, VMWare and Hyper-V. Hands-on experience with a range of security technologies such as SIEM, NGF, SWG, CASB, NAC/NAP, IDPS, IAM, MFA, MDM, PKI, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and endpoint protection.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001or NIST CSF.
- Preferred Qualifications Certification from (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS, Cisco.
- Experience with cybersecurity functions in an environment that includes OT/ICS automation and SCADA systems.
If you're interested in a new role, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com