Sr. Clinical Nurse
Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences is seeking a Senior Clinical Nurse who is responsible for coordinating care for assigned patients to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes. This role will also provide direct patient care based on the nursing process. Collaborate with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance. Promote improvements in treatment area processes and cost-effective use of resources. Accountable for own decisions regarding patient care. Identifies impending changes in patient condition and individual performance issues. Analyzes patient care data to deliver and evaluate care.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervision of Others: Equipment, Machine, or Tool Requirements:
- Practice nursing per clinical protocols and under the nursing scope of practice for the State of Maryland. May perform case management services to patients from initial intake visit through termination of services.
- Assist in the development/ updating of unit-based protocols, standardized care maps and/or care plans.
- May provide crisis intervention as needed by patients and their family members through each stage of disease,
- Identify barriers to service and work with appropriate individuals to remove them.
- Interact with faculty and trainees in the management of patients seen in the center, during both clinic session and management outside of clinic.
- Responsible for managing patient treatment programs. Serve as a clinical resource on the nursing assessment of the complex patient. Serve as an expert assisting others to prioritize and individualize plan of care.
- Develop and manage patient education sessions and materials.
- Triage and review incoming phone messages and communicate with doctors or patients as needed.
- Triage and assist with in basket messages.
- May oversee case management activities of home care nurses and facilitate communication between family, home care nursing, physician, and patient.
- Responsible for managing patient treatment programs.
- Review all lab data and triage to the medical staff.
- Ensure biopsies, labs, scans, lab results, pathology slides, provider notes are available for MDC providers.
- Provide oversight and quality control of all aspects of the operation of the clinical practice.
- Serve as patient advocate.
- Assist with the research efforts.
- In addition to responsibilities of the clinical nurse, provide nursing support for outpatient clinical area, and supervise clinical nurses.
- Develop MDC provider schedule and coordinate to ensure MDC coverage for attending and NPs/residents to complete H&Ps.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- General physiologic monitoring and patient care equipment such as defibrillator and glucometer monitor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN). Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) preferred. Additional experience may substitute for Bachelor's Degree.
- Related Master's Degree may be considered in lieu of experience.*
- Minimum 2 years of related nursing experience. More experience preferred.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Registered nurse licensure in the State of Maryland.
- Knowledge of nursing process, social, behavioral, biological and physical science
- Knowledge of current health care environment
- Ability to analyze data to synthesize and summarize information and make judgments regarding patient care
- Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality patient care
- Ability to document legibly using a writing instrument
- Ability to use a computer keyboard to input and obtain data
- CPR and AED certified
- Ability to properly conduct general physiologic monitoring and patient care equipment such as an EKG.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, radiation and pharmacological agents.
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Work requires lifting and/or positioning patients and transporting wheelchairs, beds and related equipment.
- Work requires manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to perform patient care procedures.
- Work may require contact with aggressive and/or combative patients.
- Employees in this position will be required to adhere to work availability and scheduling requirements. This may include, but is not limited to availability status, mandatory overtime, on call and shift work.
Classified Title: Sr. Clinical Nurse
Starting Salary Range: $71,510 - $98,410 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8am-4:30pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Rad Onc Clinical Faculty and Staff
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Clinical-Nurse-MD-21287/822505100/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.