If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Fort Lauderdale is currently seeking a full time Sr. Clinic Assistant. The Senior Clinic Assistant works directly with patients and various healthcare facilities to obtain patient information for medical records in preparation for first clinic visits. The incumbent also assists with patient care, such as nursing activities and laboratory collections.
1. Explains HIPPA to patients and obtains signatures.
2. Submits signed consents to healthcare centers to initiate retrieval of medical records, pathology slides,
x- rays, and other pertinent reports.
3. Tracks pending records to ensure delivery prior to clinic visits.
4. Communicates to the appropriate nurse coordinator if difficult or unable to obtain pertinent records.
5. Travels within the facility and campus to retrieve records, films, or CDs.
6. Prepares pathology slides and submits for consultation.
7. Returns slides to appropriate institution or patient.
8. Maintains accurate clinical records per hospital policy while preserving confidentiality of patient information.
9. Assembles, completes, and processes patients' charts.
10. Assists with ordering, receiving, distributing, sorting, and storing supplies.
11. Reports suspicious or unusual incidents to appropriate supervisory personnel.
12. Assists with clerical duties, to include receiving phone calls, sending faxes and emails, and scanning and copying documents.
13. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our