The Department of Neurology is seeking a Senior Biostatistician who will collaborate with investigators on research projects with primary responsibility for analysis and presentation of project data. The Sr. Biostatistician will provide expertise in statistical design, data management, and data analysis. Also, contributing to the development and application of statistical methods to advance scientific goals of various projects.
This position reports to the BIOS Faculty and leadership.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Serve as lead Biostatistician with investigators to develop objectives, design sampling, randomization, and statistical analysis plans to achieve study objectives
- Design and perform appropriate methodologic procedures for statistical analysis, overall descriptive statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling
- Design, implement, and manage computerized systems for analysis of complex research projects to prepare scientific presentations related to study results
- Perform sample size and power calculations, generates randomization schema, and prepares statistical sections for research protocols and manuscripts
- Participates in regularly scheduled meeting with investigators and team that require statistical input
- Design tables and statistical procedures for specific research studies
- Write statistical design, methods, and analysis for manuscripts and research proposals
- Analyze data and prepare tables for interim and final reports
- Develop and apply new statistical methodologies
- Ensure data integrity and compliance with security policies governed by HIPAA and the Johns Hopkins IRB
- Oversight of one or more biostatisticians and project milestones
- Prepare progress reports and present to trial leadership
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.*** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. **Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology, or a related scientific field.
- Three (3) year related experience
- Demonstrated ability on significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula
- Knowledge of Stata, SAS, or R (proficiency with multiple statistical programs preferred)
- Experience in database software helpful
- SAS programming proficiency (mastery preferred)
- R and R markdown programing proficiency (mastery preferred)
- STATA programming proficiency
Classified Title: Sr. Biostatistician
Starting Salary Range: $61,550 - $84,700 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: Neurology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Biostatistician-MD-21202/822507800/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.