Sr Administrative Coordinator
The Pediatrics Department is seeking a Senior Administrative Coordinator who provides administrative support to the Medical Director of the NICU, Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics, Howard County General Hospital (HCGH), and two other neonatologists. Serves as the initial point of contact for the HCGH NICU administrative office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, typing correspondence from dictation and/or handwritten documents, formatting/preparing various graphs, tables, charts, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Presentations; preparation of inpatient billing documents to be submitted to billing firm, scheduling meetings with multiple participants, prepare and schedule meeting agendas/itineraries, including gathering materials to be presented in an organized fashion, routine correspondence, compiling and maintaining data, answering telephones, special projects as assigned. Ideal candidate will maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, comfortably taking initiative and exercising independent judgment to resolve issues.
The Sr. Administrative Coordinator will perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature. This position reports to the Medical Director of the NICU/Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics, HCGH and the Division Administrator of the JHMI Division of Neonatology. Maintain liaison with Division of Neonatology at JHMI, working with administrative staff to maintain transparency and cohesiveness.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transcribe correspondence from dictation and/or handwritten documents; format and prepare various graphs, tables, charts, spreadsheets, and Power Point presentations.
- Send e-mails and letters from dictation in Outlook and/or Word on behalf of Director.
- Use various software applications such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- File and manage correspondence, create new files and maintain an organized filing system.
- Receive, screen and relay telephone calls and messages in a timely manner.
- Interact with Labor and Delivery Department, Maternal Child Department, Maternal Fetal Medicine Department, Medical Records, Medical Staff Services, IT Department, Hospital Administration, etc.
- Set up meetings, notify attendees, and reserve conference rooms; set up via Zoom. Manage Director's calendar and update as needed.
- Prepare meeting Agendas and Minutes.
- Prepare monthly on-call schedule and assist Director contacting providers to fill openings in the schedule.
- Distribute schedule to staff.
- Maintain moonlighting payroll spreadsheet.
- Prepare, file and maintain patients' charts to include all required medical documents to referring physician; fax discharge summaries to referring physician.
- Prepare inpatient billing sheets for all NICU admissions; prepare and code delivery billing sheets for babies seen and treated during attendance at delivery/consulted by HCGH neonatologists, nurse practitioners, or moonlighting providers.
- Forward completed billing documents to billing company to submit to insurance companies for payment. Manage billing charges; transfer to spreadsheet to manage charges.
- Calculate, manage and reconcile Director's CME and office expenses; maintain required documentation. Submit requests for reimbursement via Concur for approval by JHMI Neonatology Division Administrator.
- Maintain files of Neonatology Staff, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Moonlighter's licenses, to ensure that all files are updated regularly with the most recent documents. Forward copies of all new updated licenses to Medical Staff Office and billing company.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Serve as a liaison between department and vendors, other departments, and outside organizations.
- Assist in the coordination of faculty travel and faculty-sponsored events
- Greet and assist all visitors.
- Create, maintain, and analyze electronic and paper record keeping systems including retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, updating, and destruction of files; assist in the creation of new systems or revise established procedures as needed.
- Maintain equipment and service contracts including computers, office equipment.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files in line with the departmental goals of moving toward creating a paperless office.
- Assist in the analysis and revision of office-operating practices such as record keeping systems, forms control, personnel requirements, recommending new systems or revising established procedures. Interpret and communicate operating policies.
- Locate and compile information and format reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Operate personal computer to access email, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Perform SAP transactions including order of supplies via the shopping cart portal.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports. Utilize Internet to search for information, contacts for research, and clinical consultation, international contacts for teaching and travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knows the formal and informal departmental/divisional goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division. Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department and division.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience with SAP is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with patient billing preferred.
- Ability to work independently as this office is a one-person office.
- Candidate will be expected to take initiative to maintain smooth office operations.
- Experience in the use of software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required.
- Operate personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software such as PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to transcribe using Olympus dictation delivery service.
- Communicates effectively and in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains positive, courteous, supportive, professional working relationships with all levels of contacts - faculty, staff, students, visitors, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service assisting others when needed and requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with faculty, staff and students.
- Must be able to work independently, be flexible, motivated and able to handle multiple tasks with ease; must be a self-starter.
- Ability to make independent decisions and establish work priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work for long periods of time without direction, prioritize own work and to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously in order to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Functions as a member of a team, working to promote an atmosphere of respect, collegiality and integrity.
- On a regular basis, exercise sound judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences and results.
- Final applicant for this position may be required to complete skills assessments appropriate to position description.
Sr. Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/03/OF Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range:
$20.02 - $27.51/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
JH at Howard County Hospital
Department name: SOM Ped Howard County General NICU
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Columbia-Sr-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21044/819642800/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.