Job ID: 216239
Location: CHANTILLY , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-04-25
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Spacecraft Automated Mission Management Systems Engineer to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
SAIC has an opening for a Spacecraft Automated Mission Management Systems Engineer to provide analysis, engineering, and technical advisory services to an IC systems and technology research and development (R&D) customer.
- Provide technical review and assessment of Small Satellite (SmallSat) spacecraft concepts, architectures, systems, technologies, interfaces, and operations.
- Advise on issues of applicability and feasibility of relevant technologies to future SmallSat spacecraft, mission payloads, communication systems, ground systems, launch systems, and operations concepts.
- Analyze alternatives to optimize performance and improve understanding of system, technology, and architecture trades.
- Prepare deliverables including technical and programmatic assessments provided through oral briefings and/or written reports presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG and industry, as requested.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to acquisition planning, source selection, and related programmatic processes including development of acquisition support documents.
- Serve in primary leadership role to oversee and coordinate multiple vendor development, testing, and integration activities to deliver integrated solutions that meet USG requirements.
- Must have active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics (STEM) with minimum of 14 years of relevant experience or 12 years with Master’s degree.
- Technical understanding of systems engineering and integration of satellite systems, mission payloads, ground systems, communication systems, and launch systems.
- High quality critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills needed to lead and support team collaboration, group discussion, and oral presentations.
- Practical application experience in use of DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF)
Practical experience, with advanced ability preferred, in
- Automated Target Recognition (ATR) and Artificial intelligence (AI) implementation
- C++ Application Programming Interface (API) integration
- Software open architecture, modularity, and containers
- Automated software agent integration and coordination
- Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) stack
- Advanced mission management, sensor management, and processing management functions
- Satellite bus, payload, and ground systems design, development, integration, and deployment
- Practical experience in design and development of spacecraft payloads.
- Desire and ability to actively participate in USG customer enterprise research and learning environment with objectives to create, gather, and share knowledge to grow organizational competency and capability.
- Demonstrated understanding of the intelligence mission.
- Basic knowledge of intelligence organizations, disciplines, systems, and processes.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.