This individual contributor role will support and/or manage general goods and services sourcing activities across any categories as assigned (with higher focus on technology goods and services). This individual will take direction from strategic sourcing director and implement the strategies set forth and communicated by the leadership team. This individual will indirectly assist business leaders in managing their respective P&L's with regards to spending, planning, and development of supplier relationships critical to their respective lines of business.
- Utilize knowledge of technology trends and remain up to date on the strategic vision of the university as it relates to technology needs. Assist in developing and implementing and/or executing an existing sourcing and procurement category strategy aligned sourcing groups' objectives (20%)
- Lead major negotiations and large sourcing engagements including process activities such as e-sourcing, RFP/RFQ, Project management, etc., as assigned. Requiring oversight of $20 million annual spend in their respective commodity with direct responsibility to deliver an annual savings through strategic negotiations. (20%)
- Review and recommend best in class suppliers for RFP/RFQ bid processes. Apply strategic sourcing practices and manage supplier negotiations to ensure full benefits are realized and sustained. Make recommendations and/or provide effective input to stakeholder financial goals and/or plans as it relates to assigned sourcing assignments. Manage negotiations and relationships with strategic partners on key strategic initiatives. Create, renegotiate, renew, and discontinue supplier agreements or contracts as appropriate. (15%)
- Review contractual terms and conditions to ensure CWRU terms are met. Participate in term negotiations and discussions with general counsel, contracts manager and vendor. Route final contracts to vendors. Monitor activity during contract life cycle. Use legal templates as defined by the university attorney's office in the execution of standard contracts within scope of responsibility. Remain up to date on knowledge of technology trends, supply management, commodity developments to promote the strategic vision of the university as it relates to research needs. (10%)
- Service as a resource to campus delegated buyers and procurement senior buyers in a capacity with knowledge, expertise, sourcing efforts, data analysis and strategic direction. Develop and maintain PeopleSoft skills, assisting customers as needed on minor PeopleSoft questions, and using procedures outlined by the department PeopleSoft coordinator within scope of the assigned commodity (10%)
- Maintain all documentation in compliance with "best practices" and Internal Audit procedures of quotes, vendor profiles, cost savings documentation, receipts, reports, etc. Maintain highly confidential information on staff, departments, and budgets. Continuously manage priorities effectively, focusing on efficient work results. Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions, as needed, in your area of responsibility. Manage a project against a plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work. Monitor and keep up to date with related category supplier specific business activities as well as the extended category industry. Present/update all pertinent supplier and/or industry issues to stakeholders and immediate management and propose recommendations as they apply to existing strategies. Create and foster key internal and external relationships Manage and maintain effective communications to key stakeholders within the community as appropriate for all assigned projects and as a Business as Usual activity. Meet regularly with stakeholders to present current and planned sourcing strategies to maintain alignment with the business' objectives. (10%)
- Ensure effective process and communication channels are in place to maximize the delivery and implementation of any sourcing activity. Maintain and present market analysis to the strategic sourcing director and business leaders, regarding product and service development opportunities. Analyze industry trends and evolving technologies to proactively minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities. Proactively monitor supplier competencies and competitive positioning. Review and recommend best in class suppliers for RFP/RFQ bid processes. Develop negotiation and category strategies that deliver to business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers. Transfer category and product expertise within the Sourcing community to help build and/or expand our knowledge base and expertise. Monitor and directly impact supplier behavior and activities to maintain continuous improvement in the suppliers' delivery of products and services to the businesses. (10%)
- Help to develop internal controls, identify off standard vendor or customer situations and recommend corrective action. (1%)
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable federal, state and, local regulations governing purchases and contracts within areas of responsibility. (1%)
- Actively seeks creative ideas and procedures from outside sources to provide the "best of class" Purchasing experience for the end user, and resolves customer problems with vendors/suppliers and provides expertise on special requests, and investigates and analyzes new lines of products and recommend vendor suppliers. (1%)
- Serve as resource to buyer service representative in capacity and serves as backup to others as assigned. (1%)
- Assist in maintaining vendor profiles as directed and assists in preparation of reports within their scope as directed. (1%)
Department: Great deal of daily interaction with university department personnel including administration, faculty, and staff. Regular contact with department staff to exchange information. Daily contact with University executive leadership.
University: Interact with many constituencies within the scope of job responsibilities. Daily contact with university administration. Daily contact with faculty and staff.
External: Daily contact with outside agencies and representatives. Contact with personnel from the university's affiliates as well as individuals from the university's internal staff on a regular basis.
Students: Little or no contact with students.
Serves in leadership capacity to senior buyers and campus delegated buyers.
Experience: 7 years of experience required. Prefer experience with strategic sourcing and contract review.
Education/licensing: Bachelor's degree required. Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM) recommended or obtained within 2 years of employment. Advanced degree highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and technical skill set
- Outstanding functional creativity and progressive business mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Individual must be mature, professional, and discreet.
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Must possess knowledge of general accounting principles
- Negotiating skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to solve routine problems, assist customers, and maintain a consistent workspace without direct supervision.
- Creativity and energy highly valued.
- Outstanding organizational skills mandatory.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multitask effectively. Must be able to handle moderate stress and have good organizational skills. Must be able to meet deadlines, be able to effectively prioritize tasks and be detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service-oriented manner required.
- Outstanding leader, mentor, coach. Individual must be mature, professional, positive and discreet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors, and customers face to face.
- Knowledge and ability to manipulate on transaction-based systems on a daily basis. In addition, some tasks require basic data entry skills. Speed, accuracy, and error recognition while organizing the work flow, processing materials, and entering data are essential.
- Strong PC skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Excel; computer spreadsheet and word processing skills required.
- Experience in PeopleSoft Financials or other ERP software preferred.
Typical office environment. The workflow will vary from periods of multiple demands and short deadlines to periods of routine self-paced tasks. The employee will perform repetitive motion using computer mouse and keyboard to type.
This job has expired.