ECS is seeking a Software Tester to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish testing and tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Works closely with software engineers and developers to test features and identify and resolve bugs.
- Plans and documents test cases, develops test benches and performs design validation and testing.
- May involve writing test scripts and involve some automation of the test procedure.
- Requires strong testing experience and familiarity with various test methodologies and or software languages.
- BS Degree and 4+ years IT experience, as described below -- OR-- Formal IT Certification Equivalent and 6+ years IT experience, as described below
- Experience in applying a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments;
- Experience planning major technology assignments and recommends major changes affecting project growth and success;
- Experience applying technical expertise across multiple project assignments;
- Complete experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) support, coding application logic via various programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and deploying applications via various Application Server platforms;
- Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action;
- Experience in information technology systems and applications testing;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.