ECS is seeking a Software Scientist, Senior to work in our Fort Belvoir, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS required a Senior Software Scientist to provide design, oversight, assessment and employment assistance for TAK software and TAK applications. Incumbent or new employee must be familiar with all relevant programming environments and be able to develop software specifications, develop algorithms, design code at machine level and at higher levels, design apply and assess
software test methods and demonstrate excellent capabilities across the spectrum of software design, development and applications.
General characteristics. Applies intensive and comprehensive knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently on problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important issues and to plan and coordinate work. The difficulty of the projects/programs requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- As a supervisor, plans, organizes, and directs a large and important engineering or scientific project, or a number of sum all projects with many complex features; or is responsible for an important research laboratory program.
- As an individual researcher, completes complex projects requiring development of new or highly modified engineering or scientific techniques and procedures, extensive knowledge of specialty, and knowledge of related scientific fields. Interprets and evaluates results to determine their validity and scientific significance. Work results in the development of new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods.
- As a staff specialist, develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities. Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed evaluation tests, products, experiments, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable. Usually performs as a staff advisor or consultant in a technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function.
- Responsibility for the direction of others. Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of engineers, scientists, and technicians. Or, as an individual researcher or staff specialist, may be assisted on projects by other engineers, scientists, or technicians.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 10 years minimum directly applicable work experience.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.