The Site Safety Lead will have dual roles in both safety and environmental. Their primary focus is on the identification and correction of hazards. They are not meant to be pulled into production roles as needed. They are expected to be visible and hands-on with safety/environmental tasks.
Health and Safety duties:
- Assist safety specialist with new hire orientation.
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure cultural fit
- Conduct focused workplace exams weekly and address findings timely
- If able, personally correct the findings
- Organize and assist with daily tailgate and monthly safety meetings
- Assist with task training for equipment
- Assist the operation with safety-related tasks
- E. housekeeping, maintenance, guarding, etc.
- Conduct plant and mobile equipment safety inspections.
- Work closely with the Plant Managers to help monitor, review, and address Hazard Recognition concerns
- Assist managers with retaining training documents.
- Participate and assist with the site safety committee
- SSC will be led by hourly employee other than this position
- Participate in MSHA inspections
- Participate and review SLAM
- Ownership of site safety alongside the safety committee and plant management
- Quarterly review of safety binder.
- Monthly ASTs
- Quarterly SWPP inspections
- Weekly/Bimonthly stormwater samples
- Monthly compliance forms
- Monthly production/emission sheets
- Report and correct spills
- Period checks on spill containment kits
- Assist with maintaining water truck log
Minimum Education and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- communicates well, natural leader, respected/trusted within the work group
- Excellent time management/self-management abilities
- needs to be capable of developing their own day to day tasks
- Technical Expertise in either Mobile Equipment Operation, Plant Operation or Maintenance
- Capable of identifying hazards on site
- Ability to correct them is a bonus
- Is a True-Believer in safety and has the right motivations
- Ability to train one-on-one and in a larger group
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- High School Diploma and or GED
- 1+ years of safety-related experience
- 3-5 years of Mining experience required
- OHST or CHST certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of MSHA Part 46 and OSHA 1910 and 1926
Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, manual dexterity, repetitive motion, standing, sitting (must be able to sit for extended periods up to 8 hours), walking, climbing stairs, bending and stooping, and the ability to drive. Work may be performed in all weather conditions - heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.Our Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
...and many more!
This job has expired.