A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is a product development scientist for the global silica business reporting to the Silica R&D Director. This scientist must work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment and develop good working relationships both internally and externally. This role is part of a collaboration team that works to create novel customer focused solutions. Creating solutions involves ideation, design, testing, scaling, and introduction. Solutions span from new materials and technologies to improvement of existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Who You Are:Minimum qualifications:
- Create new products through the support of current customers and the development of solutions for application specific targets
- Use design tools, data management, and statistical techniques to advance solution development and improve results at customers faster
- Develop novel solutions for existing and new market applications with a focus on creating value by improving product efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with development partners and stakeholders to solve problems and enhance product development cycle and capabilities
- Ph.D. in science, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, or related colloidal, nanoparticle, or particle science field
- 4+ years experience in colloidal silica or related silica chemistry (industrial or post-doctoral)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques for advanced design and development
- Knowledge of stage gate
- Knowledge of nanoparticles, polymers, or colloids
What we offer:
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Colloidal silica and production methods, including synthesis, filtration, and characterization
- Colloidal material fundamentals including stability and interactions,
- Applications of colloidal silica in semiconductor chip manufacturing,
- Chemical mechanical planarization applications and requirements.
- Ability to speak and/or read French
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to perform laboratory work and interface with engineering concepts and personnel.
- Computer skills using Microsoft software applications, statistical analysis software like Minitab, and other data management and analysis software
- Must be well organized and disciplined, a self-starter. Must be a self-motivated individual able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Project management skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218706
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time