Bring YOUR energy to Alliant Energy!
At Alliant Energy, our purpose is to serve customers and build stronger communities. We are passionate about powering beyond the market challenges of today, while powering what's next in energy. When our employees say "I am energy," it means they take pride in the work we do when disaster strikes, as well as all the days in between. We reward our highly hardworking and dedicated teams and give them the support they need to ensure their safety, wellness and financial security for themselves and their families.
If you enjoy challenges, have strong communication skills and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy.
What sets us apart?
- Alliant Energy offers a full compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Employer Cash Contribution, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
- Year after year, Alliant Energy is recognized by major publications and foundations as a top employer and leader in the areas of equity and sustainability. This includes Newsweek's list of Most Responsible Companies, Forbes list of Best Midsize Employers, a perfect Corporate Equality Index Score as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality and being named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
- Our employees make a difference through their work and personal activities. In 2021, employees, retirees and our charitable foundation collectively contributed $11.5 million and volunteered over 75,000 hours.
has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Windows Server Administrator
to join the team in Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA.
In this role you will assist with the implementation and support of a variety of tools and infrastructure. Primarily working with several Windows Server Operating Systems, Exchange, Azure, M365, PowerShell and Okta.
The ideal candidate assists with the design, build, implementation and support of server infrastructure and related system software and hardware, utilizing tools and products deployed on multiple technology platforms. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are vital.
This position may be filled at another level depending upon individual qualifications.
*This position offers a blend of working from home and in the Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA
office. "Work for your day" provides flexibility to work where you are the most productive. The individual must reside in either Iowa or Wisconsin.Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the design, evaluation, recommendation, building, and maintenance of medium to large computing services; writes specification documents for these systems. Assists with departmental projects.
- Responds to support tickets from the Help Desk within specified timeframes, uses troubleshooting tools and procedures to resolve issues, maintains defined service levels and participates in a 24x7 on call rotation.
- Identifies, plans, implements, and documents procedures for following Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) regulations.
- Maintains disaster recovery plans and participates in disaster recovery drills.
- Coordinates server conversions, patches, and upgrades.
- Coordinates system tuning to optimize system performance and maintains defined service levels.
- Installs and maintains infrastructure services.
- Maintains user documentation related to software/hardware on multi-user networks as well as training materials for end users.
- Provides consulting, technical guidance and information to applications development staff, computer operations staff and other corporate employees.
- Voices customer requirements into tasks and stories using Agile tools. Communicates with peers such that user tasks and stories are clearly understood by all partners.
- 6 years of experience in providing Windows server, Active Directory and Exchange support in a networked environment.
- Skilled administration experience in system programming, backup, monitoring, patching, infrastructure services and high availability environments.
- Bachelor's Degree -Emphasis in information technology or related area.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
#LI-NR1It's not just what we do; it's how we do it.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Alliant Energy and subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Applicants in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the hiring process, please email email@example.com.
This job has expired.