A full-time Senior Technical Writer position to develop, modify, and edit customer-facing technical documentation, including product manuals, technical notes, HTML Help, datasheets, and sales publications.
You will work directly with Engineering and Customer Support teams to gain a comprehensive understanding of products and technologies. Your primary responsibility is to generate content for an online support site and manage Outside Service Providers (OSP) to assist in content generation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and edit product documentation for software and hardware.
- Work directly with engineers and OSPs to document new product features, APIs, and GUIs.
- Create Online Help for various GUIs and print-friendly PDF documents from a single-source.
- Create release notes for software releases.
- Create and edit graphics, diagrams, and optimize digital photos.
- Create how-to videos and screencasts to convey technical concepts.
- Manage OSPs and projects for translation and prepare deliverables for distribution.
- Function as a liaison between translation providers and SMEs or reviewers.
- Utilize continuous improvement to refine workflows for improving the development cycle of documentation.
- Utilize project management for tracking projects.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Must have strong writing and editing skills with experience in topic-based authoring and single sourcing.
- Proficiency with TargetProcess project management solutions or similar tools. Experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to comprehend high-level technology concepts and make them understandable in text and graphics.
- Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. In addition, you must be able to organize and maintain a library of data and graphics.
- Able to maintain keen attention to detail with a high regard for quality and efficiency.
- Able to maintain, cultivate, and grow OSP relationships.
Education and Experience Requirements
- MadCap Lingo Translation Management or similar knowledge of computer-aided translation tools a plus.
- Experience with content strategy and writing content for localization a plus.
- Familiar with motion control technology, software development, Visual BASIC, , motion automation, I/O devices, and networks is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with minimum 7 years' experience in technical writing.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS required.
- Proficiency with Madcap Flare CMS or similar tools preferred
- Proficiency with Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Corel Draw or equivalent software preferred
- Knowledge of the localization industry and a minimum of 2 years' experience in translation or project coordination preferred
Internal: Engineering Team, Applications Engineering Team, Kollmorgen Marketing Team
External: Customer and OSP interaction.TRAVEL:
Occasional travel may be required, less than 10% - possibly international. Travel to Europe may be necessary.
**Must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.