The Senior Systems Engineer role combines with processes, tools, software, and systems to build and run a fault tolerant eCommerce system that integrates the Magento Commerce platform with financial and fulfillment system for multiple sites. The Senior Systems Engineer role works with software developers, DevOps engineers and business analysts ensuring stability and optimizing availability. The Senior Systems Engineer plays an operational role by troubleshooting issues in development systems and is also responsible for taking preventative measures to monitor the health of the system's infrastructure. In an agile framework the Senior Systems Engineer will be able to collaborate with teammates to continually advance the technology used to deliver value.
- Primary responsibility will be to ensure the highest possible availability for an assigned group of digital commerce applications.
- The Senior Systems Engineer is embedded in a systems team along-side a Scrum master and Product owner that facilitates daily work and ensures a backlog developed by the team is prioritized.
- Works with a lead DevOps engineer to assist in maintaining and improving the infrastructure and develop automation to optimize the effectiveness of application developers.
- The Senior Systems Engineer is part of a global team dedicated to best practices in infrastructure.
- Senior Systems Engineer will be available to provide assistance and guidance to develop and deliver solutions.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will participate in an on-call rotation (rotating with others in the global IT organization) to assist with incident triage and/or resolution.
- 4+ Years of experience with Magento 1 or Magento 2
- 2+ Years of experience with Magento 2
- Experience with Linux operating system (e.g. filesystems, system calls, crons ) and with networking.
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with some form of cloud computing is a plus
- Experience with New Relic or similar monitoring applications
- Ability to debug, optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Bachelors degree in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5 years demonstrated work experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: