Job ID: 2110923
Location: STAFFORD , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior System Safety Engineer to operate out of Stafford, VA and the surrounding area, in support of Marine Corps Systems Command and PEO Land Systems. This role does allow telework options.
This position is part of a team analyzing equipment to identify hazards, categorize risks, and recommend mitigations to reduce the probability/severity of a mishap resulting in injury to personnel, equipment damage, and/or damage to the environment.
- Collaborate with government personnel, vendors and the user community to ensure the safety of Marine Corps systems to include the Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV) and the Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV).
- Conduct system safety analysis of hardware and software.
- Create safety documentation to include Hazard Tracking Systems, Risk Acceptance Letters, Safety Releases, National Environmental Policy Act Decision Memorandums and Lithium Battery Packages.
- Prepare/review/update Technical Data Packages and Presentation Materials in support of Safety Review Board Reviews including the Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) and Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP).
- Review System Requirements documentation to identify potential hazardous conditions and make recommendations to system design in collaboration with program staff.
- Perform operational analysis to identify potential deficiencies in operating procedures, training documentation, maintenance procedures, storage and handling procedures, and/or ordnance handling procedures.
- Make recommendations to resolve deficiencies and make recommendations to test plans to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Assess Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other system change requests to identify/verify safety risks.
- Perform tasks included in MIL-STD-882E.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; major in Science, Engineering or a technical related field preferred and at least 5 years of relevant experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of experience performing system safety engineering analyses
- Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain and maintain an active SECRET security clearance
- Experience with Remote Weapons Station
- Experience with ACV, AAV, or Marine Corps vehicles.
- Experience conducting System Engineering Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Risk Management and/or Hazard Analysis
- Experience/familiarity with MIL-STD-822E, NAVSEAINST 5100.12, NAVSEAINST 8020.6
- Experience working with US Navy or US Marine Corps combat systems or platforms
- Experience operating, maintaining, testing, or analyzing weapons systems or complex mechanical or software systems especially those mentioned above
- Systems Engineering experience with US Navy or US Marine Corps weapons systems
- Experience preparing technical reports
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.