* Candidates must be able to move between hands-on technical at the code level to formal management, mentorship, and leadership.
*Projects the candidate will be working on: *
* DataCORE is a clinical application platform for healthcare providers to address risk adjustment and quality gaps in care to provide better value-based care.
* This role is to lead a subset of the engineering team, which will be compromised of data engineers, software engineers, and quality engineers.
* Healthcare experience is not necessary. I have found that the most successful candidates come from well-established technology companies (e.g., Target).
* This will be hands-on role from a mentorship and delivery standpoint.
* That is, they must be able to do hands-on coding in Java, as well as be able to test their code.
* Their approach to software development should have a business focus in an agile environment, but with a technically sound approach to building customer-facing highly scalable, resilient, and supportable applications.
* Successful candidates will possess experience that demonstrates that.
*Team and Team size:*
* The team is comprised of approximately 25 software engineers and 5 quality engineers spanning two delivery teams.
* One team is focused primarily on architecture, enablement, and DevOps.
* The second team is focused on delivery of business features across the entire platform. This is a leadership role (i.e., technical delivery manager) role on the second of the two teams..
* Facilitate delivery in a cross-functional team of software engineers, quality engineers, and systems analysts in DevOps delivery of a software platform
* Coordinate efficient and effective agile delivery processes and contribute to operational enhancements
* Coordinate troubleshooting and resolution of issues
* Collaborate with delivery team and business stakeholders to design robust and reusable solutions, as well as facilitate the translation to technical designs
* Collaborate and influence proactive system monitoring practices and strategies to help identify issues prior to customer impact
* Promote a mindset and culture within the team that embraces identifying, owning, and solving issues, driving quality, improving performance, and improving the customer experience
* Estimate delivery effort, as well as effectively identify and prioritize high-value deliverables
* Assist in story definition, evaluation, translation, and business requirements gathering from product owners and business stakeholders
* Communicate effectively with peers and subordinates to drive efficient team delivery
* Collaborate in continuous planning with business stakeholders and other technology team leaders to ensure a successful delivery plan is available for business priorities
* Mentor software engineers and lead software engineering code quality and best practices (e.g., test best practices, design patterns, code smells, etc.)
* 6+ years in Java
* 6+ years unit testing, integration testing, and UI testing frameworks and methodologies (e.g., Spock, Jasmine, Selenium, etc.) as part of software testing automation
* 6+ years working with, and contributing to, the design of complex technical architectures in resilient and high-scalability environments
* 6+ years in application persistence layers and related design choices (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
* 4+ years implementing or contributing to optimizing modern agile delivery processes (e.g., SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
* 4+ years using Git source control Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
* Management experience
* Knowledge of implementing maintainable and well-tested software and relevant support technologies (e.g., Java, Angular, Spock, Git, SQL/NoSQL databases, Kafka, etc.)
* Knowledge of modern agile processes and optimization
* Ability to architect resilient and high-scalability applications
* Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change in a fast-moving environment
* Ability to translate complex business requirements into simple, elegant technical solutions
* Detail-oriented and highly motivated
* Quality-first approach for development implementation and team processes
* Desire for continuous learning and improvement
* Highly collaborative approach to technical delivery from the standpoint of business domain and requirements
* Desire to work outside comfort zone
* It is a single round interview of approximately an hour and a half comprised of hands-on coding, logic, and behavioral questions.