Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role can be performed remotely in the U.S., with the exception of Colorado.
Senior Signal Systems Architect and Estimator must have experience architecting, specifying, designing, testing, surveying, estimating, and commissioning diverse railroad signal systems.
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in rail systems design, construction, testing and commissioning (this is a must).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or a technical field from an accredited college or university ( or an Associate's Degree plus 15 years of experience) required
- Capable of reviewing RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs for Freight and Transit projects and provide feedback to Q&P personnel and Wabtec segment leaders.
- Attend field surveys to gather information for Wabtec to ensure project scope is thoroughly understood.
- Work with signal material vendors to obtain pricing, lead times, and discuss optional equipment.
- Work with Wabtec segment leaders to ensure project scope is understood and estimates for engineering, construction, shop wiring, and service testing are submitted accordingly.
- Create estimates for freight, commuter, heavy rail and transit signal projects.
- Provide Value Added options to reduce cost of signal estimates requiring engineering and construction, thereby creating more competitive bidding.
- Strong preference for field experience PLUS office system design experience.
- Experience with multiple rail systems, looking for broad expertise that spans signal, PTC, communications, back office, and onboard.
- Experience in PTC systems, design and testing.
- Experience in Automatic Train Control, Automatic Train Protection, Automatic Train Operations, Automatic Train Supervision.
- Must be a self-starter; driven to make things happen.
- This is a hands-on role, must be able to do the work as well as direct others.
- Write clear and persuasive content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Effectively identify and communicate potential proposal, contract, and execution risks.
- Interface successfully and comfortably with different functional groups, including Sales, Product Management, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, Contracts, and Engineering.
- Strong time management / prioritization skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Inside climate control with 20% travel required.
- Subject to extended and weekend hours.
- Valid driver's license
Note: This may not fully identify or describe all of the job functions or requirements for this position.
Relocation assistance may be provided if eligibility requirements are met.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job has expired.