Senior Scientist, New Modality Pre-Formulation
Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the place for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Waltham, MA:
Our Waltham, Massachusetts facility develops life changing small-molecule research in North America, with innovative laboratories at the Gatehouse Park BioHub, just west of the city center. Our BioHub facility supports a bold new R&D initiative, which fosters life science discoveries and the exchange of ideas. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. With a shuttle bus to and from Alewife station, the location provides you the ability to work in the heart of one of the world's most vibrant research centers.
Our Waltham site offers a variety of amenities to help book productivity and help keep our employees happy and engaged. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams and the greater research community.
Summary of the group:
Pharmaceutical Sciences is a department within AstraZeneca Biopharmaceuticals R&D with a mission to transform molecules into investigational medicines, meeting the unmet needs of future patients. Advanced Drug Delivery is a department within Pharmaceutical Sciences. Our portfolio of projects spans traditional small molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides to RNA-based therapeutics across AstraZeneca's therapy areas and our mission is to transform diverse modalities into investigational medicines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the dynamic Advanced Drug Delivery group, supporting the new modality projects in AstraZeneca pipeline. Main responsibilities for this role include:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Developing formulations, analytical methods, and delivery systems with a focus on new modalities (e.g. vaccines, oligonucleotides, RNA, DNA, peptides)
- Planning and conducting experiments with minimum supervision; generating, evaluating, and reporting data clearly and reliably; Providing data interpretation and making recommendations to project teams and other stakeholders.
- Being actively involved with novel formulation development and innovative technology evaluation.
- Working as a member of cross-functional pharmaceutical science and CMC project teams, in close collaboration with other formulators, analytical chemists, chemists and biologists at AstraZeneca
- Presenting data at internal AstraZeneca meetings and occasionally at external meetings
- PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Material Sciences Biomedical Engineering or related scientific disciplines with 0+ years post-graduation experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology environment.
- Demonstrated ability in designing and optimizing lipid and/or polymer nanoparticle based formulations for the delivery of various new modalities
- Knowledge of novel delivery technologies including but not limited to microspheres, lipid based formulation, nanoparticles for sustained release and/or target delivery
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Track record of scientific excellence in terms of scientific publications, patents, and/or conference presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands on experience with analytical instruments for the characterization of formulation and drug products (HPLC, LC/MS, DLS, SEC, SAXS)
- Experience with super-fluid chromatography or other approaches for chemical purification
- Know-how regarding delivery devices and/or combination products
- Understanding of principals and applications of GMP
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.