A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Senior Scientist to join our Genome and Epigenome Editing group. In this role, you will conduct genome editing R&D to support new technology development, product development, and generation of intellectual property. The Senior Scientist will be called upon to utilize his/her domain expertise in molecular genetics, genome editing, advanced cell biology and cell culture. Responsibilities also include leading critical wet-lab activities, devising complex technical strategies, and communicating these strategies to management. In addition you will collaborate with a wide variety of colleagues in R&D, business development, project management, manufacturing, communications, and marketing.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Microbiology, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, or other related Science discipline with 3+ years' experience in a biotech environment or a Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Microbiology, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, or other related Science discipline
- PhD in Molecular Genetics, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology
- 2+ years post graduate experience in biotech
- Demonstrated experience with protein purification and characterization, genome editing, and cell culture
- Ability to communicate technical information to team members with diverse technical backgrounds
- Track record of Independent, creative, problem solving
What we offer:
- Skills in mammalian primary cell culture and flow cytometry
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing and statistical analysis
- Experience with advanced microscopy techniques
- Demonstrated record of speaking/presenting at scientific conferences
- Protein design experience with modern computational tools
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 217777
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time