Senior Scientist, Clinical Translational Laboratory, Translational Medicine, Early Oncology R&D
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity, no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, ground-breaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
- Develop and implement molecular-based biomarker assays to evaluate pharmacodynamics, mechanism of action, drug resistance hypotheses and patient-selection strategies for clinical studies across AstraZeneca's oncology portfolio.
- Work in close collaboration with line leads, study teams and other functional areas to deliver high quality biomarker data packages within study timelines.
- Clearly communicate project status updates and summaries of results to stakeholders. Comprehensive documentation of experimental protocols, details, results in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Will be responsible for management and tracking of clinical samples entering and leaving the lab, including receipt of shipments, shipments to vendors/central lab/biobank, accessioning and maintaining up-to-date sample information using LIMS database in compliance with AZ's Human Biological Samples standards.
- B.S./M.S. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or similar
- 5 years lab experience with demonstrated experience in flow cytometry and other advanced molecular techniques (ELISA, gene expression assays, Westerns, etc.)
- Processing human biological samples (blood, serum, FFPE and frozen tumor tissue) for DNA/RNA/protein
- Knowledge of cancer biology
- Work effectively across functional groups, good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and planning skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to clearly and efficiently document experiments and results
- Understanding of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
About AstraZeneca in Waltham, MA
- Handling and processing of clinical patient samples
- Nanostring gene expression assays, qRT-PCR
- Capillary Westerns, Peggy Sue, WES
- PBMC immunophenotyping and multiplexed flow cytometry panels
- LIMS database usage
The Waltham R&D site focuses on our small-molecule oncology research in North America, and is situated within a biopharma cluster of research institutions, medical centers, pharmaceutical companies and startups. The Boston region is consistently ranked #1 globally for research, investment, talent recruitment and lab space.
Our Waltham MA facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world.. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage teamwork and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to crafting a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Waltham site offers a variety of amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, and electric vehicle charging stations, full-service cafeteria and copy center.
The campus, also known as the Boston BioHub, is one of the largest and most dynamic life-science research hubs in the region. It is home to more than 800 scientists working in nine different pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The site is also home to the AstraZeneca Incubator, a program that helps emerging companies advance novel and innovative healthcare solutions to meet the needs of patients. Plenty of free parking, with charging stations now available for electric vehicles, and shuttle service to local transportation hubs.So, what's next!Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
If you're curious to know more, please contact Bobbi Poole, our Talent Acquisition Partner.Closing Date: August 6, 2022Competitive remuneration and benefits apply
We offer a competitive Total Reward program including a market driven base salary, bonus and long term incentive. We have a generous paid time off program and a comprehensive benefits package.Where can I find out more?Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We align with all applicable laws and regulations on inclusivity in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
As part of the application process for some roles at AstraZeneca, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics, to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an email invitation with additional information following application. Once completed AZ will automatically receive your results - pymetrics will not be used solely in our decision-making process but will help us gather additional insight.
This job has expired.