A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
We are seeking a senior chemist to join the Analytical Technology group for the analysis of organosilicon, organometallic and other deposition products used in the semiconductor fabrication industry, in Carlsbad, CA.
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Develop and validate analytical methods for new products and transfer operating procedures to production QC laboratories.
- Support New Product Development.
- Work closely with R&D, production, quality, and commercial teams to ensure rapid delivery of new products to customers.
- Routine and non-routine sample analysis.
- Assist in data gathering and data analysis for Process Change Notifications.
- Provide analytical and troubleshooting support for product quality issues.
- Hands-on laboratory work
- Work with any of the following instrumentation: ICPMS, microwave digestion, conventional digestion, FTIR, Raman, NMR, GC, GCMS, IC, TGA
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or Physics AND 1+ experience with at-line instrumental methods
- Master's Degree in Analytical Chemistry AND 5+ years of at-line instrumental methods industrial experience
- Hands-on experience with ICP-MS
- Basic SQL, Python experience
- Spectroscopy background
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support a diverse team environment
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- A strong technical understanding of fundamental analytical chemistry
- Experience with method development
- Strong fundamentals and practical experience in the use of statistics
- Advanced Statistical Techniques / Data Mining experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 216662
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time