Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?
Do you want to have fun at work?
Then join the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, program evaluation, and quality improvement. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a position as a Senior Research Analyst in HSAG’s Surveys Research & Analysis division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including remote work and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 14 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k).Summary
Under limited supervision, the Senior Research Analyst coordinates all research activities for the CMS Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (HOS) project. The Senior Research Analyst works closely with leading national-level experts to develop innovative research plans, test complex statistical models, and develop and evaluate new and existing measures. The Senior Research Analyst communicates analytic results to CMS and other HOS stakeholders. The Senior Research Analyst is responsible for accurate and timely completion of research related deliverables. Duties include production of descriptive and statistical analyses; technical interpretive writing; and production of technical reports and other documents as required for a high profile national healthcare survey project.Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all research activities within the HOS project, while providing analytic support and leadership on other HOS tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programming using SAS (Base SAS, SAS Graph, SAS Stat, the SAS macro language, and the Output Delivery System).
- Interpret analyses, apply appropriate statistical models, manipulate survey data, and track and evaluate health care process and outcome measures.
- Define appropriate research questions and develop corresponding research plans in coordination with expert consultants.
- Participate in development of abstracts for presentation at national conferences and manuscripts for peer reviewed journals.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and stakeholders.
- Participate in training and mentoring of junior data analysts and programmers
- Effectively resolve programming problems by conducting a thorough analysis of the system and employing appropriate debugging techniques.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
Education and/or Experience
- Conduct statistical and ad hoc analyses and preparation of written responses to CMS requests.
- Produce and document project databases.
- Implement validation and quality control measures to ensure the accuracy of project deliverables.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data.
Master’s degree in statistics, public health, or related field and 5 to 10 years of experience with data management and statistical analysis using healthcare survey and/or clinical data.Other Qualifications
- Experience with MS Office products Word, Excel, and Access, including VBA.
- Prefer experience with survey design and analysis.
- Prefer advanced knowledge of statistical modeling, including regression models; presenting data results to technical and nontechnical audiences; and survey measure development.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.