A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Sr. Facility Project Engineer's primary responsibility is to support and manage assigned Facilities and Engineering Department projects. Project scopes will range from supporting automated equipment to large site and facility construction scale projects associated with a cGMP contract manufacturing facility. The Sr. Project Engineer reports to the Sr. Manager of Facilities and assists in meeting the departmental and organizational goals. In meeting these goals, the Sr. Project Engineer will ensure that projects are performed on schedule in a prompt and efficient manner. The focus of the role is on ensuring equipment and facilities are operating as intended to meet the requirements for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Ensure all existing and new systems comply with regulatory agency requirements
- Provide engineering services to support the troubleshooting of Facility utility issues
- Provide engineering and project management support for Facility capital projects
- Ensure projects are executed in a manner that meets quality and customer expectations
- Drives change controls with documentation, justification, and impact assessments
- Supports implementation of new utility equipment including - URS generation, equipment selection, capital expense process, FAT/SAT execution, documentation, commissioning, and SOP development
- Sources materials and resources as needed for various projects independently
- Demonstrates technical problem-solving skills related to complex project execution and site equipment / systems troubleshooting challenges
- Ability to influence cross-functional team members in the face of competing priorities
- Responsible for the planning, development, scheduling, cost analysis and presentation of project scope, design, deadlines and workflow processes
Who you are: Required Qualifications:
- Perform physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear a helmet, mask, safety shoes, tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, BioMedical, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or another Engineering/Science discipline
- 1+ years of experience in project engineering, equipment installation, operation, maintenance, mechanical controls, repair, calibration or validation activities
- 3+ years of experience in a regulated environment
- 2+ years of professional, working knowledge of utility systems and equipment
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM programs (Autodesk products, SolidWorks)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience with a Building Management System (e.g., Siemens Apogee/Insight or Johnson Controls Metasys)
- Basic experience with process controls
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219044
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time