Worker Type: Employee
Group: Operations - Toledo Department
Job Post End Date: 01/01/2024
About this opportunity:
The Production Lead is the "go-to" expert for field production related knowledge for a process unit complex. They support Operational Rigor within the Operations Team through maintaining functional operations documentation including Operations Rounds & Checklists. The Production Lead supports the training of new hires and cross bid operators through support of outside operator training (classroom and field) and maintaining outside operator training manuals. They have the leadership capability to routinely fill in for and backup the Operations Manager and provides long term stability to the Asset Team.
The Production Lead drives PSM compliance ownership and execution within the Asset Squad on behalf of the Operations Manager. They are accountable to establish expectations with the 24/7 team and Asset Squad to continuously reduce process safety risk through compliance with established work processes including safe work permits, procedures, operating limits, the MOC process, isolation plans, and completion of action items. The Production Lead is responsible for leading relevant Operations MOC's and owning training content associated with all changes. The Production Lead monitors the status of personal safety, process safety, and compliance, and intervenes as necessary to drive performance.
The Production Lead ensures operational continuity by acting as the liaison with the Scheduling & Planning Department and the 24/7 team. They provide guidance for planned outages and ensure operational impacts of planned maintenance are understood with key stakeholders including Production Leads from other areas.
- Provides leadership to the Asset Team to ensure the short- and long-term plans are delivered
- Sets expectations and provides a layer of assurance for personal safety, process safety, and compliance
- Owns operating procedures content, accuracy, and usefulness on behalf of the Asset Superintendent
- Ensures delivery of area specific portions of the refinery operating plan through interface with Planning and Scheduling Team
- Develops and maintains operations critical documentation and work processes including outside training content. Works in close coordination with Sr. Ops Advisor to ensure holistic and consistent approach with IGO training
- On behalf of the Operations Manager, leads the Asset Team to drive continuous improvement and long-term sustainability of the business through the use and prioritization of asset strategies
- Supports Annual Maintenance Plan process and leads TAR scoping development process
- Acts as primary operations contact for project development and TAR planning for assigned asset. Coordinates and engages project and TAR interface with shift team
- Leads troubleshooting operational issues and conducts investigations as needed
- Develops guidance, provides prioritization, and supports strategic refinery wide plans including input from Asset Team, 24/7, and other Production Lead peers
- Reduce process safety risk through compliance and support of established work processes including safe work permits, procedures, operating limits, the MOC process, isolation plans, ORR's, HAZOP, Self-Verification, and completion of action items
- Serves as SPA for completion of PSM and other HSSE related action items assigned to the Operations Team. These include action items from all incident investigations, PHAs, MOCs, PSSRs, audits, etc.
- Investigates incidents and near-misses including PSV lifts, SOL/SDL excursions, etc.
- Develops and maintains area car seal database checklists, safety inspection sheets, winterization checklists, and operator rounds
- Develops guidance for planned outages in coordination with Proc Engrs, Scheduling & Planning, 24/7 Operations, etc.
- Supports and develops planned ASM's
- Maintains outside operator training content
- Acts as SPA for unit specific Asset Team meetings, Operational Notes, and Asset Prioritization
- Operating Procedures
- Supports new hire / cross bid training
- Ensures consistent and clear communication between the Asset team and the 24/7 team
Note: The application deadline for this position is 12:00 AM MT January 1, 2024.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Additional technical diploma or equivalent or an engineering degree a plus
- 10 years' experience in petrochemical operations OR 5 years' experience in a relevant industry with a technical degree
- Analyzing complex problems, troubleshooting, and problem solving: Systematically determine root cause(s) of complex problems through questioning and inspecting, and then identify the best course of action to take.
- Ability to multitask while performing job tasks, without being distracted
- Ability to identify and assess safety hazards
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
If you require accessibility assistance to complete the on-line application or otherwise apply for an open position with Cenovus, its subsidiaries and affiliates, please email email@example.com
Cenovus Energy is an affirmative action employer, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, or personal or physical characteristics protected by law. About Cenovus:
We're a Canadian-based integrated energy company headquartered in Calgary. We're committed to maximizing value by sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative and cost-efficient manner, integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into our business plans.
Find Cenovus on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , YouTube and Instagram .
For more information, please visit cenovus.com
At Cenovus, we embrace diversity of thought, experience and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities and unlock innovative solutions. We're committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where people feel respected, valued and engaged. We strive for a collaborative, physically and psychologically safe environment where you can be yourself, feel a sense of belonging and thrive. For more information, including details on our inclusion and diversity targets and networks, visit Cenovus.com.
The requirements of this posting may be modified to support business needs. Title and compensation administration will be based on the skills and capabilities of the successful incumbent. Notification To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under 'My Applications'.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE please apply by going to our Internal Career Site
This job has expired.