A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Within the Research Solutions, Life Science Biology Product Management Organization and specifically the Large Opportunity Development team, this role will be responsible for:
- Identify target industries, workflow/application, and customer personas based on combination of historical opportunities, available market information, and feedback from commercial teams
- Prioritize specific large sales opportunities based on potential relative to ability to achieve
- Test and calibrate recommendations through ongoing large opportunity, pipeline success and commercial/customer feedback
- Monitor and optimize existing product business, including understanding sales/growth trends, product profitability trends, relative investments, and forecasts. Develop additional portfolio recommendations and improvement plans based on existing product performance.
- Optimizing portfolio for large opportunities, including bulk, custom, and prepack
- Systematically assess portfolio characteristics relative to priority large opportunities, including reliability of supply (internal/OEM), price positioning, and quality/documentation requirements of customers
- Identify and prioritize portfolio improvement and expansion projects as part of multi-year road mapping efforts
- Proactively engage with cross-functional team on relevant projects for incremental improvements to existing products targeted to large opportunities with particular focus on project scoping and planning, consistent team participation and collaboration, management, and execution of critical activities
- Partner with supply chain operations and procurement on make or buy recommendations, and find potential sources as needed
- Proportionate responsibility for revenue and margin growth including analysis and reporting out business performance metrics.
- Portfolio Positioning Development and Go-to-Market execution
- Partner with Commercial colleagues (account managers and marketing), technical biology marketing, and marketing communications to ensure effective and impactful support for proactive opportunity pipeline development and improvement of quoted opportunity and conversion values
- Develop and support appropriate commercial training, including appropriate consultative selling approaches to develop and win new business and best practices in terms of executing and repeating "won" opportunities
- Management and consistent execution of large opportunities, typically >100K EUR
- Seek and provide appropriate answers and solutions to large opportunity inquiries, in collaboration with all other internal functions, including LSB product management
- Oversee consistent support and execution for opportunity execution from customer excellence, planning, production, and procurement/sourcing and coordinating with sales to successfully quote in a timely manner. Ensure order communication and promise delivery issue resolution is met by appropriate parties.
- Manage team working with sales and customers to determine and meet very high-value, customer collaboration requirements (>1M EUR), working with internal operations, legal, and quality partners to define viable options and coordinating with sales to successfully position the quote to match the customers' needs
- Continuous improvement of large opportunity operational processes
- Capture and evaluate key metrics associated with large opportunity process execution, with consistent focus on assessing customer experience, streamlining workload and improving timeliness of execution
- Partners closely with product management and operations colleagues, quality, operations, and procurement for near- and long-term improvement initiatives, regular execution support communications, and margin monitoring, and improvement.
- Determine improvement recommendations and plans of action with milestones, in consideration of inputs from cross-functional team members and management
This role could be based in Temecula, CA; Burlington, MA or St. Louis, MOWho You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or related Scientific discipline.
- 8+ years of demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the Life Sciences industry.
- Experience working with customers to understand their needs and develop solutions.
What we offer:
- M.Sc., PhD, and/or MBA
- 3+ years of experience in product management in Life Sciences industry - experience supporting marketing, business development, and/or commercial sales
- Understanding of marketing concepts such as product life cycle and product positioning, new product development processes
- Understanding of the operational workflow and experience in a make to order business model preferred
- Demonstrated capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills and translating plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse business units and regions to develop and support sales plans
- Experience in project management, including excellent time management skills, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Experience working with operations, quality, planning, and procurement to execute complex projects and meet complex customer requests
- Experience and understanding of salesforce.com
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional team management skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218838
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.