The HORIBA Groupof worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systemsfor applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmentalmonitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing, andmetrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespreadconfidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by ourunique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by buildingstate-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protectinghealth, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employeesall over the world, look forward to working with additional creative andentrepreneurial self-starters. To learn more about our unique culture, visitour culture page.
Essential Job Functions: (list or attach job description):
The successful candidate will be responsible for new designs (Zemax and other simulations), prototype construction, and qualification campaigns including Design Of Experiment., Data analysis (from resolution/peak fitting, throughput to stray light, cross-talk/imaging distortions to the sensor, and electronics characterizations).
Product development work includes spectrometers with diffraction grating & optics assemblies, CCD, PDA, or CMOS cameras, light source alignment, and optomechanical optimization, as well as conceiving automated tests (all optical and sensors parameters) through new or existing fixtures and robotics.
- Zemax Simulations (New designs and Design optimizations) - Sequential and non-Sequential Modes. Imaging and Multitrack spectroscopy.
- Leading parallel projects with teams of product engineers (ME, EE, SW, Systems Tests...) developing high-performance spectrometers and complete spectroscopy systems with scientific cameras, lasers or other excitation sources, multi-leg fiber bundles.
- Assembly/testing/data analysis of prototypes and ramp-up volumes with design optimization, prior to release to manufacturing.
- Defining, documenting the manufacturing process with procedures and work instructions and training manufacturing technicians on new product releases and on changes to existing processes.
- Writing thorough test reports for customers, engineering, and management (from Sales phase to product ramp-ups)
- Customer interfacing to support OEM business development, technical support of sales team in pre-sale and post-sale situations
- Project management comes with Commission incentives for various milestones of product development projects.
- Master's Degree preferred in Optics/Photonics.
- 5-10 years in optical systems design (UV-VIS-NIR) and testing, preferably in the industrial product development field.
- Experience in Zemax and other optical simulation software.
- Experience in Raman, Optical Emission Spectroscopy, Absorbance, Reflectance, or Fluorescence a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in spectroscopy application, hyperspectral imaging, and/or Imaging Sensors strongly preferred for UV-VIS range.
- Experience programming in Excel Visual Basic, or MATLAB a plus, and in statistics (Minitab, Excel)
HORIBA Instruments offers acompetitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with a match;employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paidfor by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, andsupplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions;employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexiblespending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individualwith a disability and need accommodation during the application/hiringprocess, please call (732)494-8660 for assistance. HORIBA will providereasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals withdisabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA iscommitted to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.