At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Manager, Government and Community Affairs based in Daytona Beach, Florida.
This Senior Manager, Government and Community Affairs position is responsible for the overall management of state and local legislative and advocacy initiatives in support of the company's presence in the Midwest and Western regions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify, monitor, track and forecast public policy issues related to the organization's business interests.
- Prepare regular briefings and communications analyzing policy related matters for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and direct external resources to help ensure organization's public policy objectives are advancing and achieved
- Build and maintain strong working relationships that are collaborative with track presidents and other regional departments within organization to manage and advance policy positions - ensuring regional efforts are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Support and foster strategic relationships within local, state and regional communities to help promote events and business interests
- Support outreach and coordination with public officials and special guests at-track and within local and state governments.
- Identify and manage compliance related matters in coordination with GCA team and other internal departments
Qualifications and Experience:
- Travel: Approximately 15%, including some weekends
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience working in public policy, preferably in a legislative or regulatory office, a trade association or a lobbying firm.
- Strong understanding of legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to analyze and communicate on a variety of complex policy issues
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Commitment to maintaining highest standards of quality, confidentiality and professionalism
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability effectively collaborate with internal teams to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and passion for working in political
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.