JOB SUMMARY: The objective of this role is to apply a deep understanding of digital channel capabilities (web, CRM, social, media) to integrate marketing campaigns and connect the Universal Orlando brand and products to the consumer. With consultation from cross-functional digital teams, the Sr. Manager champions the customer journey across channels to achieve business and campaign objectives and collaborates with leaders of non-digital channels to ideate and create campaign integration opportunities.
- Journey Activation
- Lead Journey Activation for a specific Audience Segment across the Engage & Educate, Convert, Deliver and Re-Engage & Advocate journey stages.
- Distill audience insights into motivators and barriers, and then further into messages for journey mapping.
- Orchestrate and manage journeys as the ongoing omni-channel Journey Activation lead for a specific Audience Segment.
- Organize and lead Action Workshops, brainstorms and tactical work sessions in the development of integrated communication plans.
- Be accountable for the journey experience and execution of communication plans across owned and earned channels, including reviews and retrospectives as needed to assure cross-channel integration.
- Partner with the Attract Journey Leads to drive alignment in the handoff of new prospects from the Attract stage into Engage & Education, and to align with non-digital channel leads in Paid Media, Trade, PR, Symphony, Partnerships and Promotions to ensure a cohesive, optimized omni-channel guest experience.
- Collaborate and validate tactical communication plans against the KPI goals and segment strategies.
- Continually monitor, test and evolve the audience segment journey as needed to drive compounding efficiency and effectiveness to deliver on Universal Orlando Resort business goals.
- Digital Channel Strategist
- Aligns digital channels with audience strategy, goals and objectives.
- Lead Digital Strategy for a specific Audience Segment, focused on deepening relationships with consumers and moving them through the consumer journey.
- Adapt segment and journey strategies into channel-level tactical plans that clearly communicate the 'why' and 'what' to the channel teams for planning and execution and performance optimization.
- Assist cross-functional teams in developing and evolving ideas to achieve brand goals, segmented marketing communication objectives and guest experience needs for Universal Orlando as a destination.
- Partner with Digital Channel leaders to utilize data and insights to provide strategic input to segment marketing teams, ensuring alignment and cohesive guest/partner experience.
- Translate the journey and align channels strategies and digital touchpoints to bring the journey to life with brand interactions across Owned and Earned channels through the Engage & Educate, Convert, Deliver and Re-Engage & Advocate journey stages.
- In partnership with Analytics, adapt business goals into channel-level KPI maps that ladder into overarching business objectives and provide a tactical planning framework for channel integration.
- Serve as a champion for the consumer experience across all Universal Orlando digital touch-points, constantly refining the user journey with a focus on serving our Guests in their moment need and guiding them to the next best action.
- Digital & Guest Experience Champion
- Represent digital channels in cross-functional POD meetings, championing the journey and Guest experience.
- Work with channel teams and analytics to conduct channel/site analysis and competitive research to develop tactics, messaging and channel approach that inform guest experience, B2B partners, and market influencers.
- Work with Consumer Insights and Analytics teams to understand and advocate for the guest experience in a digital environment.
- Align with Channel leaders to champion best practices in digital marketing and consumer technology trends and establish benchmarks for measuring success of digital marketing programs and tactics.
- Maintain focus on the ongoing refinement of the consumer journey, its touchpoints and channel opportunities / integration across all channels.
- Develop and maintain a core understanding of Universal Orlando always-on communication efforts across all channels, their integrations, and ongoing opportunities to refine and optimize in light of changes to the consumer journey.
- Performance Metrics (TBD on annual basis)
- Deliver against KPIs to achieve OCF goals, Brand Equity Measures, TSAT
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications required;
- MBA strongly preferred.
- 8-10 years of marketing and advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or retail industry.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Very strong analytical, planning, and critical decision-making skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with experience devising and informing content delivery strategies and tactics across the brand's web sites, CRM initiatives, social media, mobile technology, online retail channels, sales and trade partners.
- In-depth understanding of marketing analytics, consumer and brand research and ability to turn data into insights to drive engagement, conversion and loyalty.
- A passion for and experience with new technology and media channels, a natural trend spotter for new technologies that play roles in consumer's lives.
- Cross-functional expertise and the ability to be proactive and thrive in a fast-paced, complex and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience presenting to and working with senior executives.
- Ability to effectively manage change and conflicts, and problem solve in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership experience. Ability to inspire and motivate a team of highly intelligent and driven individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience connecting business strategy and communication strategy to consumer needs and expectations.
- Mastery of basic marketing principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, positioning, and brand strategy.
- Experience/Knowledge Preferred:
- Understanding of key consumer segments (Florida/Orlando, Domestic US, International)
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment and/or Theme Park experience
- Event marketing and management
- Launching New Attractions or Products/Services
- Brand Management
- Licensed Partner Marketing models
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
This job has expired.