At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
Our Frederick facility builds life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to building a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a 'Top 50' Business in Frederick, and Frederick County's 'Best Place to Work' distinction in 2015 and 2019.
The Senior Lean Six Sigma Leader for AstraZeneca provides technical leadership, mentoring, and project support as required to help support AstraZeneca's Lean Six Sigma journey and initiatives. The successful candidate will mentor project teams, lead critical initiatives and coordinate project selection/stewardship and training activities.
What you'll do:
Essential for the role:
- In this role you will be the Key driver for AstraZeneca's Operational Excellence (OE) activities including providing technical leadership, mentoring, project support as required to help support AstraZeneca's Lean Six Sigma initiatives, mentoring project teams, leading critical initiatives and coordinating project selection/stewardship and training activities.
- Working with the Management Team in the development and execution of OE projects. These initiatives will require balancing of technical and people management skills.
- Help identify and achieve significant process/quality improvements through the OE initiatives. Expectation includes a hands-on teamwork approach to problems, planning, and people associated with all aspects of the initiatives.
- Develop technical solutions to sophisticated problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and applying principles of logical, scientific thinking and continuous improvement concepts to a wide range of practical problems
- Provides guidance to customers, corporate and site teams/ management based on organizational goals and work typically impacts all teams at the FMC site.
- Assesses and provides options to management for process decisions that have a significant impact and represents the organization as the prime technical contact on programs and projects.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals at high levels representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations and involves obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature, requiring some explanation or interpretation
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification required.
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on experience in the application of Lean tools and techniques: standardized work, scientific problem solving, kaizen, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, SMED, level loading demand.
- Must have worked as a Six Sigma Black Belt for a minimum of 2 years with formal training and experience applying Lean methods as a DMAIC Six Sigma Black Belt level or within PDCA lean projects. Candidate must have an excellent solid understanding of the principles and philosophies of analytical problem-solving techniques along with a demonstrated track record of achievement. Strong level of DMAIC and/or Lean tools and methodology knowledge required. Advance user of Minitab or similar, Microsoft Visio and Project. Solid Business Acumen. Strong Project Management Skills.
- Minimum of 6 years or more work experience in operational excellence, training, consulting, strategy, process improvement, or business analysis required. Ability to develop and lead changes and improvements in a large-scale operation.
- MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong exposure to Toyota Production System (TPS) methods
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience preferred.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.