The Senior Financial Analytics Professional manages data to support and influence decisions on day-to-day operations, strategic planning and specific business performance issues. The Senior Financial Analytics Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Financial Analytics Professional collates, models, interprets and analyzes data in order to identify and explain variances and trends and enhances modeling techniques. May possess financial or actuarial background. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
This position will support all lines of business for fee-for-service medical claims trending within the insurance controllership organization with a primary focus on operational claims analysis. This will involve heavy collaboration and consulting with partners in finance and across the organization to determine root causes for observations made. Through various analysis and analytics, this position will also help determine sufficiency of mechanical claims reserve modeling and help determine when on-top adjustments to the mechanical model outputs may be necessary. This position will then help develop, model and estimate what the on-top adjustments should be and then be able to support those estimates amongst internal finance stakeholders and external audit partners.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years strong SQL coding/development experience and capability
- Demonstrated experience building out financial/business models from scratch
- Experience in compiling, modeling, interpreting and analyzing data in order to identify, explain, influence variances and trends
- Must be able to communicate and explain variances and trends and enhance modeling techniques
- Experience managing and/or participating in projects that are multi-team and multi-department of moderate to high complexity
- Strong consultative abilities to work across departments and teams to understand and identify root causes of analytics performed
- Experience working with moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work within the EST or CST time zone
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree
- CPA or Actuarial Certification
- Financial reporting experience
- Python Experience
- Project Management Certification
Humana Tower, or Remote, preferably residing in the EST or CST time zone.Humana COVID Vaccination Policy:
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are ahealthcarecompany committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
- Provide proof of full vaccinationOR
- Commit to weekly testing, following all CDC protocols,OR
- Provide documentation for a medical or religious exemption consideration.
This policy will not supersede state or local laws. Requests for these exemptions should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled first day of work.Scheduled Weekly Hours
This job has expired.