Worker Type: Employee
Group: Refinery Accounting Department
Job Post End Date: 01/01/2024
About this opportunity:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Refinery Accounting at Ohio Refining Company LLC (ORC), you will have a lead role in ensuring accuracy and completeness of the financial close process and financial reporting in accordance with Cenovus and ORC Financial Leadership directives, policies, and procedures. A solid understanding of the refinery revenue cycle and revenue/COGS reporting is required in addition to understanding the expenses and capitalized costs incurred and budgeted to cost centers and AFEs. Ensuring standardized processes and reporting alignment between actual results and forecasts along with the timely communication of financial reporting to the BU is paramount. Specifically, you will have lead role in assuring accounting and process controls are in place and operating effectively with respect to financial and management reporting, account reconciliations and other special projects.
- Act as the key liaison between accounting, TSL, Products Marketing, VCOP, and volume yield accountant
- Heavy focus on Gross Margin and Value Chain
- Maintain and develop tools and models for refinery performance consistent with guidance from central finance and other US Manufacturing Finance teams
- Support performance reporting and planning cycles including actuals, forecasts, budgets, and long-term plans and plan submittals while ensuring the timeliness, integrity and accuracy of data inputs
- Provide finance and accounting services (including accruals, allocations, inter-company transactions, preparation and analysis of business unit financial documents etc.)
- Develop and recommend performance actions/interventions with Refinery and senior Cenovus leadership which provide an understanding of underlying business performance trends and drivers, such that appropriate interventions can be identified and enacted
- Contribute to driving performance management processes that incorporate performance reporting and analysis and competitive benchmarking
- Conduct analytical deep dives on specific performance issues, as needed
- Take initiative to become a SAP reporting power user and MS Excel intermediate/expert user through focused training and applying expertise from other Cenovus US Manufacturing sites
- Act as a focal point under direction from the ORC Senior Manager, Refinery Accounting for corporate initiatives and operational improvements projects and coordinating activities as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree required with a specialization in Business, Finance, Economics, or Engineering preferred
- 5 years of financial analysis experience; Finance background
- Strong analytical, financial control, reporting skills; Able to interpret and communicate financial information with clarity
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
Note: The application deadline for this position is 12:00 PM MT October 31, 2023.
- 3 years of Refinery experience or similar
- Demonstrate awareness of Solomon survey, refinery benchmarking and operational performance indicators
- Experience working with SAP, Power BI
- Ability to provide guidance in all financial areas including reporting and planning
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional manner
- Understanding of system controls, financial controls and risk assessment
- Strong impact, interpersonal, networking and communication skills and able to make a significant contribution to local management team
- Travel - 10% or less. Small amount of travel could be required for training and standard process sharing between other Cenovus Downstream US Manufacturing sites including refineries at Lima OH and Superior WI, and HMSC Offices in Dublin OH
If you require accessibility assistance to complete the on-line application or otherwise apply for an open position with Cenovus, its subsidiaries and affiliates, please email email@example.com .
Cenovus Energy is an affirmative action employer, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, or personal or physical characteristics protected by law. About Cenovus:
We're a Canadian-based integrated energy company headquartered in Calgary. We're committed to maximizing value by sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative and cost-efficient manner, integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into our business plans.
We are currently the largest refiner in Ohio and transport products from our refineries in Lima and Toledo, Ohio and Superior, Wisconsin via pipelines, rail cars and trucks to customers throughout the United States.
Find Cenovus on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , YouTube and Instagram .
For more information, please visit cenovus.com
At Cenovus, we embrace diversity of thought, experience and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities and unlock innovative solutions. We're committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where people feel respected, valued and engaged. We strive for a collaborative, physically and psychologically safe environment where you can be yourself, feel a sense of belonging and thrive. For more information, including details on our inclusion and diversity targets and networks, visit Cenovus.com.
The requirements of this posting may be modified to support business needs. Title and compensation administration will be based on the skills and capabilities of the successful incumbent. Notification To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under 'My Applications'.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE please apply by going to our Internal Career Site
This job has expired.