Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé USA, we are committed to providing high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we are empowered to make meaningful contributions that positively impact our families, communities, and planet. With our portfolio of global brands, the opportunities to innovate and grow are limitless. As the world's leading food and beverage company, our focus is not only about delighting our customers, it's about enriching you!
Within Nestlé USAs Chief Accounting Office, you will lead a technical reporting team that prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to be submitted to the parent company (Nestle SA), analyze a wide range of complex and material transactions and research and document technical accounting (IFRS) solutions to support the US businesses under the supervision of the Head of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting. Act as single point of contact for communication to the Group Reporting Team. Responsible for continuous improvement of the team ways of working utilizing new systems solutions to improve efficiency.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Own the management, review and preparation of financial reporting - including sales, P&L, balance sheet, working capital and responding to requests from external auditors. Reporting unit includes multiple operating companies: Nestle USA, Nestle Nutrition, Nestle Health Science, Nestle Professional, and recently acquired businesses.
- Work with Nestle SA (Swiss Head office) teams to enhance and implement new reporting systems.
- Support business teams and various functions (tax, legal, treasury, supply chain etc), for all technical accounting guidance and implementation of any new guidelines & standards.
- Support department head for all restructuring provisions, impairments and other one-off items requiring approval from the Group as well as annual impairment testing of goodwill and indefinite life intangibles.
- Involvement in any design changes from a financial standpoint (org structure, transformations, etc.) for all Reporting Unit businesses. Calculate working capital according to Group guidelines and work with other functions to provide accurate estimates and guide landing for target purposes.
- Managing the preparation and review of externally published NHI financial statements (IFRS), including EY audit coordination.
- Coach and develop Finance & Control team to help members reach their full potential through individual coaching, training and career development.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or similar field
- CPA preferred
- 7 years of sustainable high performance in Finance and Technical Reporting required, including a minimum of 3 years experience in a Corporate Reporting, or Internal Audit Function with GAAP or IFRS requirements
- 3 years people management experience required
Good knowledge of Corporate Finance and accounting/reporting systems.
Good knowledge of Nestlé Accounting standards (IFRS) and ability to research more complex issues and document for review by GAR and EY.
Fair knowledge of Global Corporate Taxes.
Strong Internal Controls background.
Deep understanding of business environment, and good knowledge of NUSA product portfolio.
Good knowledge of business principles and standard methodologies to ensure sustainability of business and support continuous performance improvement.
Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, VBA preferred).
Strong analytical skills and documentation skills
Solid networking skills to manage relationships with business partners
Capability to manage several priorities and projects simultaneously
Strong ability to optimize and facilitate the application of business processes
Ideal candidate is results focused, a self-starter with strong initiative, naturally inquisitive, able to think independently and has a desire to make a difference
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.