A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our front-end applications, both internal and external. You will leverage your experience to write clean, maintainable, and reusable code using React and will help mentor junior developers. The Senior Expert Software Engineer will work with backend service providers to consume RESTful web services, views with the help of HTML/CSS/JS developers, UX/UI Designers, and Business/Functional Analysts.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Responsible for Front-End development support and guiding code standards
- Consumption of RESTFUL web services into views, state stores models, and event-driven behaviors as specified by UX/UI design team
- Maintain Code quality through thorough testing, code reviews and refactoring.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working in front-end development roles on a technical team
- 2+ years of experience in NodeJS
What we offer:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related Technical field
- Strong knowledge and understanding of API driven development; (REST, JSON, HTTP methods)
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (Git preferred)
- Working knowledge of modern CSS frameworks, best-practices, and responsive design
- Working knowledge of UX design principles, Search Engine Optimization, Information Architecture
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Experience using Agile development practices
- Experience working on e-commerce or large-scale web applications
- Experience with writing tests using Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, or similar
- Experience with statically typed JS (TypeScript, Flow)
- Experience with Node deployments
- Experience working on international teams
- Excellent communication skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 217853
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time