Are you a strategically focused Regulatory Affairs professional and would like to play an integral part in shaping drug development and gaining fast, efficient regulatory approvals? If so, read on...
At AstraZeneca, we work with diverse minds, all united by a shared passion to learn, grow and discover.
The Vaccines and Immune Therapies (V&I) group at AstraZeneca is constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We are applying our expertise in virology, microbiology and vaccines to enable novel approaches to prevent and treat infectious disease. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules and novel biologics platforms. Within V&I Regulatory Science and Strategy, we take innovative regulatory approaches and work across our pipeline and the business to get medicines to patients as efficiently and effectively as possible.
This role, as a Regulatory Affairs Director (RAD) or Senior Regulatory Affairs Director, will be responsible for providing strategic and operational regulatory leadership to the development, commercialization and life cycle management of assigned product(s). The RAD applies knowledge of current local and global regulatory trends to identify future regulatory requirements and strategies and influences regulatory authorities through regular contacts to improve regulatory outcomes.
What you'll do...
Your Education, Qualifications, Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Develop and implement the regional or global regulatory strategy, ensuring it is crafted to deliver rapid approval with competitive labelling that is identified by the business, markets and patients
- Lead the development of the global regulatory strategy document for assigned product(s) and the planning and construction of the global dossier and core prescribing information
- Lead cross functional teams in major regulatory submissions (BLA/MAA/IND/CTA), health authority interactions, label discussions, and securing approvals
- Deliver regulatory milestones for assigned project(s), including the assessment of risks and mitigations, emerging data and the probability of regulatory success
- Ensure effective collaboration across global, regional and local Regulatory Affairs, enabling rapid and effective submissions, approvals and other product maintenance activities
- Participate in skill-development, coaching and performance feedback of other regulatory staff working on the product/project
- Bachelor's Degree in a life science or related field
- Significant experience in early and late-stage regulatory drug development, manufacture, commercialization or equivalent
- Knowledge of regulatory procedures and legislation for drug development, product registration, line extensions and license maintenance
- Proven successful leadership and project management experience
- Previous experience in vaccines or immune therapies is strongly preferred
- Advanced degree in science related field and/or other appropriate knowledge/experience
- Ability to work strategically within a business-critical and high-profile development program
- Critical thinking on current global regulatory science questions and a good understanding of the corresponding scientific and clinical components
Gaithersburg, MD; Durham, NC; Waltham, MA; Wilmington, DE Rewards:
Competitive salary and excellent benefits, some relocation support availableNext Steps:
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you. Please apply via the link and one of our team will be in touch ASAP.*** We will be reviewing applications and shortlisting on a rolling basis - as such there are no closing dates for these positions but early application is advised**Why AstraZeneca?
Working here is about more than the science of saving lives. It's about the people who work here. Continuous learning is good for the individual and good for the business too. Being a 'Great Place to Work' is central to our culture. If you can contribute in a fast-paced, lean and entrepreneurial environment, then you'll quickly feel at home here.
We truly believe that everyone contributes with an outstanding set of competence. Your curiosity and passion for personal development combined with support from colleagues, mentors and leaders, will ensure you maximise your skills, abilities and contribution.
You will be offered a competitive salary and excellent benefits, such as extra paid Holiday, Private Medical Benefits, On-site exercise and much, much more.Where can I find out more?
- This is what we're made of
- Our sustainability ambition
- Recent Publications
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.