Description: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer that has a deep passion for data performance and optimization, as well as taking on some bigger challenges like large-scale database migrations and building rich data pipelines.
Our current stack includes AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Ruby-on-Rails, Resque, Ember.js. We are engineering for a scaled (high-volume, high-quality) production environment. Our engineering team members are located in Canada and the United States.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Own visibility into our data layer
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams to build products
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams to monitor and improve database performance
- Partner with senior engineers and engineering leaders to ensure Comapay's databases are ready to handle scale as products and usage grow
- What you'll have ...
- 5+ years of hands-on, advanced experience building and managing database architectures
- 3+ years experience working with PostgreSQL • Working knowledge of the Citus extension is strongly preferred
- You possess an advanced knowledge of SQL in PostgreSQL. E.g: what are the different kinds of JOINs and when would you use each? What is a window function and why would you use one? What's a CTE?
- You have a deep history of database tuning and query optimization
- Strong ETL experience
- Experience with noSQL databases like Redis
- Experience with data security and compliance of data protection regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Experience with AWS (RDS, EC2, S3, Elasticsearch)
- Some experience in Ruby on Rails is helpful
- Nice to have: Some experience building data pipelines for both structured and unstructured data sources
- Can work independently and thrive with autonomyAt Copper we are committed to building and empowering a diverse and inclusive environment. We recognize that diverse teams are strong teams, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com