Join our team! First American's National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions.
- Maintain escrow records and files and acts as escrow agent
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned escrow customers and brokers. Provides high level of customer service and
develops ongoing escrow referrals from existing escrow customers and brokers.
- Maintain records in the escrow accounting system and customer database.
- Opens escrow transactions; develops and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and
procedures and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
- Manages assigned escrow customers and brokers as their relationship manager; provides customer service and develops
ongoing escrow referrals for transactions.
- Reviews escrow reports against escrow records to ensure accuracy of posted escrow transactions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Demonstrates a can do attitude not only with the clients but with fellow members the team which will allow them to think outside the box.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 4-6 years' experience as an Escrow Officer
- Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.