A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Senior Associate Scientist with our R&D Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) group in our Rockville facility, you will function as an integral scientific and technical resource for the implementation of NGS to the field of biosafety testing. Your role is essential for the advancement of the global commercial NGS offerings of the company.
Your primary responsibility will be to support the development and implementation of new NGS assays in the field of biosafety testing and genomics and contribute to the advancement of the commercial NGS offerings of the company. You will liaise closely with laboratory management and support staff to ensure internal and external expectations are met or exceeded. You will also liaise closely with the NGS laboratory and bioinformatics teams, make suggestions for process improvement and engage in troubleshooting and assay advancement activities. You will be responsible for ensuring the timely initiation and completion of relevant studies and that testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non-routine and new services. You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to bring the next level of NGS service offerings to life.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of new commercial NGS assays and support the day to day operation of the facility.
- Assist with transferring of new NGS assays onto automated SciClone platform.
- Liase closely with laboratory management and support staff to ensure internal and external expectations are met or exceeded.
- Liase closely with the NGS laboratory and bioinformatics teams, contribute ideas and recommendations for process improvement and engage in troubleshooting and assay advancement activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely initiation and completion of relevant studies and that testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non-routine and new services.
- Be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to bring the next level of NGS service offerings to life.
- Critically analyze complex data. Interpret and integrate experimental results with project objectives. Assist technical lead, as applicable.
- Draft applicable standard operating procedures and related documentation.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve protocols and processes. Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Prepare technical reports, product/project summaries and perform fundamental literature searches to keep abreast of the field.
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Molecular biology, Genomics or Biotechnology) with 3+ years of relevant experience in an R&D environment - OR -
- Master's degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Molecular biology, Genomics or Biotechnology) with 1+ years of relevant experience in an R&D environment - OR -
- Doctorate degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Molecular biology, Genomics or Biotechnology)
- Experience working in an NGS R&D environment
- Ability to contribute immediately with little training and supervision
- Experience working on automated liquid handling platforms
- Basic knowledge of GLP and GMP regulatory requirements
- Experience with Windows and Linux operation systems
- Knowledge of NGS data analysis tools
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219249
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time