At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Meet our team:
PayPal is committed to democratizing financial services for the global citizens. We are looking for a passionate, innovative, and self-driven Senior Cryptography Architect, who will collaborate and define our enterprise Cryptographic Security strategy. The Senior Cryptography Architect will have responsibilities to partner and collaborate across multi-functional teams, research solutions, and lead technical designs. Be the technical thought leader and design the next generation of cryptographic solutions that enables PayPal's global hybrid cloud strategy.
What you need to know about the role:
If you enjoy thinking out of the box, working with a world class security organization, and building your ideas into solutions and products, then come and join PayPal's Enterprise Cyber Security team by applying for this role. Bring your security expertise and a cloud-first mindset to a challenging and dynamic environment.
Your way to impact:
Be a technical thought leader as part of PayPal's Enterprise Cyber Security team. Bring your experience, ideas, and innovative mindset to a challenging and dynamic environment. Define our crypto strategy and develop an overall crypto architecture. This position requires strong academic credentials and industry expertise in applying advanced cryptographic concepts to complex environments. PhD (preferred) or MS in CS or Mathematics
Your day to day
Communication, Influence and Leadership
- Research technologies and innovations on Cryptography and align teams to functional and unit mission.
- Guide and collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement cryptography.
- Adaptive communications and approaches to influence others to drive alignment and adoption of new ideas & concepts.
- Research and design Cryptographic solutions that scales for a global hybrid-cloud architecture.
- Analyze complex scenarios, define requirements, and drive solutions implementation.
- Develop strategy to implement an architecture that is durable, scalable, performant, agile and highly portable.
Impact on the Business
- Socialize, advocate for and drive adoption of new ideas.
- Accountable for security and technical leadership in cross-functional programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for defining metrics to measure success and performance.
What do you need to bring:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a Cryptography Architect role at a large, global company in dynamic and fast-changing markets, preferably in Financial Services.
- Deep subject matter expertise in Cryptography, technologies, and associated algorithms, protocols, architectures, and industry solutions. Hands on experience working with private and public keys, network and application encryption, mobile, integration with Identify Fabric and multi-cloud cryptography solutions.
- Expertise in both mainstream encryption schemes and quantum safe cryptography
- Expertise on NIST Cryptographic standards, protocols, and guidelines.
- Experience with influencing large software engineering and security engineering organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and partnership in complex security technology and programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and out-of-box thinker with a strong bias on actions and outcomes. Ability to define security, technical and business requirements with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex business problems, prioritize risks, and assess for solutions to eliminate and reduce threats in a systemic approach.
- Ability to lead discussions and align cross-functional teams to security recommendations.
- Develop the business, information, and technical artifacts that constitute the enterprise security architecture, solutions, and products.
- Out of box thinker - understands and is aware of constraints, and able to find a solution and trade-offs that solves for both near and long term.
- Familiar with zero trust principles and able to apply them effectively in different platforms & environments.
- Strong technical foundation in Cryptography; understands the strength of different solutions and architectures.
- Aware of various global/international regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Experienced working in large consumer SaaS providers.
- Experienced in building highly scalable and available Cryptography infrastructure & services for production hosting environments.
- Track record in publishing papers highly desired.
**We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.Additional Job Description:Subsidiary:
- Define the Cryptography Security Strategy and Architecture for PayPal's corporate environment and hosting environments - contribute to the platform that powers the company's 400+ million active users' ecosystem.
- Help transform from our on-premises driven/centric access platform to a cloud-first platform, which enables our (inorganic) business growth strategy.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$107300 to $259600Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.