ECS is seeking an Senior Application Developer to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- May supervise others. Analyzes and studies complex system requirements.
- Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
- Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and CASE tools.
- Estimates software development costs and schedule.
- Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- BS Degree and 5+ years IT experience, as described below -- OR -- Formal IT Certification Equivalent and 7+ years IT experience, as described below
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR) certification
- Must include IT technical management experience on major tasks or technology assignments and all of the following:
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives;
- Experience with domain knowledge and expertise in decision making and client negotiations interfacing with senior management;
- Experience with IT application systems and platform customization in relevant delivery platforms; experience with complete Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) support, coding application logic via various programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and deploying applications via various Application Server platforms;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.