Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Responsible for moderately complex to complex general ledger accounts that present a diverse range of issues and data requiring the application of in-depth analysis and research necessary to support the daily activities of the department. Works with latitude for independent decision-making and judgment within the framework of the job's primary duties. Partner with internal and external customers, vendors and other agencies to resolve account reconciliation issues.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliation for accounts with greater complexity that is managed by the department. Research and document financial fluctuations. Collect data from source documents through data downloads and extracts verify and confirm data accuracy. Create and analyze accounting reports for distribution and reporting and prepare spreadsheets used for analytical information.
- Support the Corporate account consolidation process through tracking and reporting on budget activity for special projects, assigned business units, vendors, services, etc. Reclassify journal entries, prepare invoice payments and currency exchange conversions, and prepare and review asset transfers, check requests, and other transactions for appropriate approval authority.
- Remain current on department operating processes and compliance guidelines, informs customers accordingly and ensure that processed transactions are compliant. Inform management of non-compliant or questionable issues. Work closely with management, team members and assigned business units to ensure the timely and accurate communication, implementation, and monitoring of regulatory, corporate and department compliance guidelines.
- Establish and maintain account information systems that provide a quick reference database of records, department transactions, releases information, etc. according to company policies and procedures. Audit files at specific intervals to identify and purge outdated or unnecessary items and to ensure confidentiality of records.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, vendors, and agencies to ensure prompt and accurate resolution of variances and discrepancies, account reconciliation and reporting. Resolve and/or provide guidance to junior team members with more complex transactions and reconciliation issues.
- Supervise the work of Account Analyst I. Review the work and analysis performed by the junior team members and provide guidance on more complex transactions and reconciliations.
What you're good at:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline required.
- CPA certification preferred. Working towards CPA certification required.
- MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
- Knowledge of economic principles, auditing practices and principles, and applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- 5 - 6 years of relevant experience in accounting and administration that includes journal entry preparation, General Ledger Accounting, account reconciliations, Fixed Assets, and budgeting.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice.
- Proficiency with PC and software applications including Advanced Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using department database systems such as JD Edwards, AS400, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact with and make presentations to senior executives, regulatory agencies, and other internal and external customer. Ability to exercise good judgment and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret and adapt known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis.
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions. Ability to persuade market and sell new ideas.
This is an on site role located in Thomasville, NC.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.