Under the direction of the Safety Manager, the Security Guard is responsible for greeting and providing safety equipment and directions to plant visitors.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Greet visitors and sign them in on visitors' register. Communicate with relevant employee(s) upon the arrival of visitors. Note arrival and departure time on register. Issue visitor safety PPE and provide direction to designated individual in the plant.
- Maintain security and provide a deterrent to theft and unauthorized entry by maintaining an alert and engaging presence with all visitors. Note any unusual activity and respond appropriately.
- Inspect and patrol plant premises regularly. Monitor and maintain Plant parking policy.
- Monitor plant surveillance cameras.
- Assist with flow of cement customer traffic flow through to Distribution
- Collect weight tickets from material haulers and work with Receiving Clerk.
- Cooperate fully with Fire, EMS and Law Enforcement personnel as the situation may arise. Inform the Management team of their presence
- Have employees and visitors sign Park Visitors' register before entering the park
- Maintain marquee to reflect current birthdays, greetings and safety information
- Display flags at plant entrance and maintain same
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to mail trays
- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Relevant security guard experience preferred
- Must have a willingness and ability to learn new tasks and operate with considerable focus on safety
- Registered as a security officer or work towards a Texas Level II non-commissioned guard license.
- Complete First Aid/CPR AED training. Maintain First Aid kit and AED at Guard shack
- Must be able to perform all duties in a safe manner
- Must possess some computer knowledge. Experience with Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English (meetings, telephone and radio) preferred
- Must be a self-starter able to work with little or no supervision
- Able to reason and resolve problems and communicate issues to management
- Maintain a professional and courteous in attitude and appearance at all times.
- Must have good attendance
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work long shifts while sitting or standing
- Visual acuity, speech & hearing, hand & eye coordination
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting
- Additional requirements include the ability to drive a motor vehicle
Must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See SDS's) DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This job has expired.