Play a key role within a world-class, award-winning health system.Take your career in an exciting new direction. UCan do all this and more atUCLA Health.
As a Scribe you will workin close association with physicians assigned to the department and will playan integral part on the clinical team.
Duties include, butare not limited to:
- Assist in the recording of outpatient medical records under the supervision of the physician
- Entering patient orders and referrals
- Multi-tasking between accurate documentation and administrative duties as indicated.
- Reviewing information with the physician at the completion of each documented outpatient visit to confirm accurate reporting.
We'reseeking a flexible, self-motivated individual with:
- Attention to detail with the ability to review, document and proofread very detailed technical materials and monitor work accurately.
- Ability to perform and multitask under the pressure of frequent interruptions and distractions in a time-sensitive fashion.
- Skill in working independently and executing assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and diplomatically interact with others.
- Ability to maintain equanimity in the face of resistance, indifference or hostility.
- Ability to handle and protect confidential material.
- Familiarity of medical terminology with prior experience in electronic medical records is preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in using various computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook email and database software.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, faculty, residents, nurses, students, university representatives, patients and the public.
This job has expired.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.