Compensation: $18.27/per hour
$1000 Signing Bonus payable following six months of employment
Mental Health Specialists are mental health professionals who are based in school districts. They serve as a liaison between children/families and schools, and provide a wide range of services, depending on the needs and expectations of each individual school district and school.
Act as a liaison and ambassador for the Crider Health Center to and between the agency and School Districts.
- Serves as a consultant to systems’ staff, providing information on a wide range of mental health topics.
- Provide Targeted Case Management (TCM) that include, but are not limited to, monitoring and linking of services identified as determining the strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences of the child and family (DMH). Provide support to the individual child and family to help them cope with stressors related to serious emotional disturbance.
- Actively collaborate with other systems’ staff regarding assigned children and their families, and participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family.
- Monitor child/family participation and progress in organized treatment programs to assure the planned provision of service according the child’s individual treatment plan.
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in all treatment plan reviews of children.
- Provide holistic, person-centered, strengths-based care based on the Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
- Function as a member of an integrated health team, serving as the liaison among providers involved in the client’s/family’s life.
- Actively work to build and foster an integrated care team around the client/family.
- Assist client/family in pursuing client-directed goals related to the Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
- Use motivational interviewing techniques and stage-matched interventions to assist client in goal achievement and recovery.
Direct Clinical Services 25%
- Collaborate with families and systems to develop Individualized Child and Family Plans.
- Provide crisis intervention and critical incident stress management services.
- Provide parenting education when appropriate.
- Maintain contact with children who are hospitalized/respite/residential and participate in discharge planning and necessary collateral contacts.
- Provide skill building training as appropriate and as goal directed (anger management, communication, social skills)
- Consistently meet 100% productivity.
- Provide mental health consultation and mental health education to school staff
- Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member.
- Maintain agreed upon level of productivity.
- Complete all mandatory documentation to monitor client’s progress toward achievement of individual treatment plan goals.
Other Responsibilities: 5%
- Regular attendance (except as excused)
- Attend all training as required by Crider Health Center, Accreditors and Funders.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Masters degree in mental health related field as recognized by the US Department of Education and minimum of three years applicable experience.
- Licensed or License eligible
- Commitment to Service Excellence
- Commitment to Personal Excellence
- Team Oriented and Values Diversity
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.