The Scenario Desk Underwriter will be responsible for reviewing and responding to scenario questions regarding underwriting guidelines and PHH policies and procedure for loans that have not yet been submitted to PHH for Underwriting.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for researching and responding effectively to all underwriting scenario questions that are routed to the UW Help Desk.
- Provide alternative options on scenario questions when necessary.
- Accurately track all tickets submitted (calls or written scenarios) to ensure completion within the established SLA.
- Provide clear and concise communication and support to both sales and non-sales staff with questions related to all aspects of the business channel, including questions on product guidelines and restrictions, loan process flow and PHH policies.
- Assist in identifying trends or topics based on questions from internal and external clients that require further training. Work directly with the Training department to communicate these needs.
- Maintain high level of customer service and communication with both internal and external clients.
- Responsible for reviewing policy changes when released to be able to effectively address questions from clients and Sales team.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- Two to four years related underwriting experience or equivalent, experience in Correspondent Lending preferred.
- Ability to review income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary title reports, judgements, bankruptcy documents, appraisals and any additional applicable credit documents in order to make sound risk decision.
- Ability to navigate, comprehend and interpret investor specific guidelines (PHH/Agency)
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Acute attention to detail
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.