Job ID: 416779
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
We are seeking an experienced SAP Development Architect to join our growing organization. In this position, you will lead in developing and implementing an application technology blueprint for our SAP S4 HANA environment. This individual will have the opportunity to work closely with the Functional SAP IT COE Architects to translate functional requirements into code-based solutions and manage offshore technical resources from our implementation partner. You will be responsible for developing ABAP code to support custom solutions in SAP S4 and Fiori. You must follow best practices and align with company goals while creating better procedures and solutions to increase performance and revenue.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform requirement gathering - the exercise of gathering the information needed from the functional architects to develop complex objects to meet their intended purpose
- Configuration and development using WebIDE/Eclipse and specific expertise in UI5 (Fiori)
- Experienced with AMDP (ABAP Managed Database procedure)
- Preferred experience in BRF+
- Program custom objects including all RICEFW - with strong knowledge in Idocs, Smartforms, Enhancements (user-exits, BADI's, etc)
- Knowledge in SAP Modules of SD, MM, PP, FI/CO, PM required
- Leadership skills to work with and manage offshore developers
- Ability to manage own transports as well as offshore transports
- Knowledge of ChaRM transport management process
- Collaborates with team to manage deliverables
- Ability to read design documentation to provide accurate estimates for development (including analysis, development, technical unit testing)
- Provides technical design recommendations ensuring scalability of the solution
- Ensures adherence to organization, project standards and documentation standards
- Promotes the application maintenance, project methodology and processes standards defined by IT
- Creates documentation such as unit testing, technical specifications
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field
- Minimum 7 years' in ABAP development
- Minimum 3 years' in SAP S/4 HANA preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Fiori development and troubleshooting
- Relevant experience working within a large, multifaceted organization, consisting of cross-functional teams.
- Project management or Agile/Scrum experience is preferred.
- SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform) experience
- Leadership ability required
- Must thrive in a team oriented, highly collaborative workplace
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize across multiple assignment and initiatives in a global setting
- Able to work with functional resources to clarify questions about designs and solutions
- Must be comfortable with providing direction and oversight to offshore resources
- Cloud-based application development experience, preferably within AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience performing application development activities within a DevOps/DevSecOps framework, preferably with some degree of continuous integration/delivery exposure.
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Work and Physical Requirements
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions Ability to effectively work alongside and communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business value through IT, balancing drive for continuous improvement with respect of local company culture and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment toward customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel (overnight) as required based on business needs up to 25%.
- Ability to drive up to 4 hours for onsite services and meetings.
- Must pass background check, alcohol and drug testing.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables.
- Normal office working conditions in addition to industrial plant sites and quarries, requiring the usage of personal protective equipment, e.g. hard hat, steel-toed boots, and safety glasses.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
SAP, Developer, ABAP, Computer Science, Chemical Engineer, Technology, Engineering
This job has expired.